Cordoba

nice keetee

I've got very little personal experience with Cordoba guitars, although I have a couple of friends who own one of their instruments and they speak pretty highly of them. I think that, based on what they've said, Cordoba makes pretty nice classical guitars, especially in their price ranges. IOW, don't expect them to be a Ramirez or something like that, but they're reportedly good guitars for the money. 

• Members
19 minutes ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

I've got very little personal experience with Cordoba guitars, although I have a couple of friends who own one of their instruments and they speak pretty highly of them. I think that, based on what they've said, Cordoba makes pretty nice classical guitars, especially in their price ranges. IOW, don't expect them to be a Ramirez or something like that, but they're reportedly good guitars for the money. 

thank you for your prompt reply as usual

I'm trying to find a new something to support a local business, Mikeo knows of them...

Usually I'd go there and play and cash and carry but...

This s$it like a bad nightmare...

seems they have a couple of decent Yamaha nylons too

my limited experience with Yamaha acoustics was positive, but long ago...123

• Members

I don't own a classical guitar.:( I should put that one on my wish list. The necks are really wide, compared to regular flat tops. I'm sure I could get used to it.

What ever Andrea Segovia used should be good enough for me. :D

No electrics or cutaway for me.

• Members
5 hours ago, Mikeo said:

I don't own a classical guitar.:( I should put that one on my wish list. The necks are really wide, compared to regular flat tops. I'm sure I could get used to it.

You also need to decide between a classical and a hybrid nylon string. Hybrids have narrower necks and radiused fretboards, closer to a steel string. They also tend to have cutaways and electronics. Godin even makes a solid body nylon string. I owned a cheap Alvarez classical at one time. Occasionally I get the itch for a hybrid, for ease of playing and for the different sound.

7 hours ago, Mikeo said:

What ever Andrea Segovia used should be good enough for me. :D

No electrics or cutaway for me.

I have wee little snasuage fingers, and I wanted something with a narrower neck. Check out the Fender CN-60S review I just posted in this forum, and give one a try if you can find one locally. I was surprised by how nice it is for two hundred bucks new, and the neck is only 1.69” wide at the nut - and a narrower neck was one of the things I really wanted to have on my nylon string. It isn’t going to be perfect for everyone, but it certainly works better than the typical 2” wide classical neck for my small hands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been toying with the idea of getting a Cordoba C5-CE.  The general consensus seems to be that Cordobas are built very lightly and are therefore very responsive and "lively".  I've also heard several people say that their models made in China are superior in quality to their much more expensive models made in Spain.  I have no direct experience with that (yet), but I've been researching Cordoba for a couple years now.

Archived