What about ukuleles ?

Misha

• Members
16 minutes ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

I just can't make up my mind on whether or not to go with a Tenor or a Bari... this Kala Zircote Bari looks pretty sweet too IMO... 

750-UkeKAZCTB_front.jpg.auto.webp

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UkeKAZCTB--kala-ziricote-baritone-natural-ziricote

Get a USA made Kala model 1. You get a matching surf board with it. :D

When's the last time you were surfing? Pretty. Pretty expensive too.

I have an original Kala U Bass, with a pick up and with out active electronics. Spruce top/ Mahogany back and sdes.

The strings stretch like there's no tomorrow and I needed to resting it a couple of times.

It's pretty cool. It was a gift from a buddy of mine.

Surf_Uke_Combo-jf_1024x.jpg?v=1575401513

11 hours ago, Mikeo said:

I have an original Kala U Bass, with a pick up and with out active electronics. Spruce top/ Mahogany back and sdes.

The strings stretch like there's no tomorrow and I needed to resting it a couple of times.

I thought you were kidding when I read the first line of your post, so before I even scrolled down or read the rest of your post / saw the image, I did a Google search. That's an awesome looking board - but at $12k for the pair, it's definitely a budget-buster! :lol: 

5 hours ago, Grant Harding said:

Mine is a Maton concert uke. Made of Australian blackwood. Really fine instrument. My brother plays any uke parts in our duo and he plays an incredible 1930's koa Martin soprano. We're spoiled I know. 😀

Pics... or they're both plastic el cheapo ukes! :p :D

• Members

I have lots of guitars but nothing really high end. That being said, my only ukulele is my nicest instrument - and I have absolutely NO clue how to play more than 2 songs on it.

49781308541_7d761dd494_c_d.jpg

49780768413_ce71ab4a7b_c_d.jpg

49781308516_2f014f73ec_c_d.jpg

One of these days I'd like a custom 6 string - from a certain somebody else who know what they're doing. 

• Members

I bought an ukulele some years back for my son. I took it off the wall, put it in it's gig bag and gave it to him when I got home. It was a present to take to the Beach (Florida) and play. My fingers will not comply with the board width. Nor will they fit on a mandolin. My index fingertip covers 4 strings on a mandolin and there's no way to body-english them to work. Neal Paisley plays the ukulele well and I thought I'd be able to catch up. But, no, man's got to know his limitations.

• Members
On 4/15/2020 at 8:11 AM, Mikeo said:

You don't use both at the same time, I guess!! 

• Members
11 hours ago, kwakatak said:

I have lots of guitars but nothing really high end. That being said, my only ukulele is my nicest instrument - and I have absolutely NO clue how to play more than 2 songs on it.

49781308541_7d761dd494_c_d.jpg

49780768413_ce71ab4a7b_c_d.jpg

49781308516_2f014f73ec_c_d.jpg

One of these days I'd like a custom 6 string - from a certain somebody else who know what they're doing. 

Nice uke and nice cat too!! 🙂

• Members
6 hours ago, Idunno said:

I bought an ukulele some years back for my son. I took it off the wall, put it in it's gig bag and gave it to him when I got home. It was a present to take to the Beach (Florida) and play. My fingers will not comply with the board width. Nor will they fit on a mandolin. My index fingertip covers 4 strings on a mandolin and there's no way to body-english them to work. Neal Paisley plays the ukulele well and I thought I'd be able to catch up. But, no, man's got to know his limitations.

I like to hold the ukulele while I watch tv. I think it should help me play rhythm patterns better on the guitar too in the future!

• Members
10 hours ago, Grant Harding said:

That's a really nice uke, kwak. Is that top Adirondack spruce?

I believe it’s redwood. 

1 hour ago, Misha said:

Nice uke and nice cat too!! 🙂

Thanks. The uke was a gift. The cat is a Burmese who will celebrate her 20th birthday in June. She’s nearly deaf and will meow for us at the top of her lungs, much like a Siamese. 

• Members
8 hours ago, kwakatak said:

I believe it’s redwood. 

Thanks. The uke was a gift. The cat is a Burmese who will celebrate her 20th birthday in June. She’s nearly deaf and will meow for us at the top of her lungs, much like a Siamese. 

I have had Siamese cats all my life. They do have some nice longevity in their gene.

I have o Siamese cats now, just two regular cats. My last Siamese cat was Tia and she passed about 3 years ago at the age of 17. Tia also have some hearing and blindness issues at the end of her life, but for the most part she had an amazing healthy life.

• Members
5 hours ago, Mikeo said:

I have had Siamese cats all my life. They do have some nice longevity in their gene.

I have o Siamese cats now, just two regular cats. My last Siamese cat was Tia and she passed about 3 years ago at the age of 17. Tia also have some hearing and blindness issues at the end of her life, but for the most part she had an amazing healthy life.

Yes, the Burmese is sort of a derivative of the Siamese but with yellow eyes - as is the Tonkinese which have blue eyes. My wife and I cat sat her aunt's Burmese several years before acquiring our Leela but we fell in love with how playful and personable the breed is. We were also told that if you get one you should get another so that they can entertain each other, otherwise they will go daft and go on tears through the house. Otherwise they are are lap cats and are not stand offish about it at all - quite the opposite in fact. If you sit down they will just park on your lap and it takes a lot of effort to get up. Even if you shift around they will just wait for you to settle down, then move right back in and make themselves comfortable. They also have an almost dog-like quality in that they will seek you out and have even been known to play fetch. Not so much anymore, but she's still playful in the mornings. 

• Members
48 minutes ago, kwakatak said:

Yes, the Burmese is sort of a derivative of the Siamese but with yellow eyes - as is the Tonkinese which have blue eyes. My wife and I cat sat her aunt's Burmese several years before acquiring our Leela but we fell in love with how playful and personable the breed is. We were also told that if you get one you should get another so that they can entertain each other, otherwise they will go daft and go on tears through the house. Otherwise they are are lap cats and are not stand offish about it at all - quite the opposite in fact. If you sit down they will just park on your lap and it takes a lot of effort to get up. Even if you shift around they will just wait for you to settle down, then move right back in and make themselves comfortable. They also have an almost dog-like quality in that they will seek you out and have even been known to play fetch. Not so much anymore, but she's still playful in the mornings. 

Our cats play well together.

We got Cian from a place called Purradise in Great Barrington Mass, after our Siamese cat passed. Kaliie  was not doing well as a solo cat in the house.

Kallie is a real sweetie, very small but she holds her own.

Kitties got to have toys to play with, and ours have a basket of them.

• Members
22 hours ago, kwakatak said:

I believe it’s redwood. 

OMG! 20 yo is very old for a cat!

My 15 yo cat died last month. She had cancer. It broke my heart. I have another one who is 15 yo too. He does not eat too much since he lost his friend. We get soo attached to them! 

• Members
On 4/15/2020 at 10:47 PM, Grant Harding said:

I'll have to get my bro to take photos of his Martin...

20200416_143934.jpg

20200416_144025.jpg

20200416_144037.jpg

It's very cool! 

Maton is a brand I've never seen in Quebec. That's unfortunate because it looks like a good brand!

Archived