Soundcraft MFXi Mixer Effects - Need Help for Gig 2nite!

• Members

Using my new MFXi8 mixer on a gig for the 1st time tonite - I dialed up an effect setting for vocals that I like, pressed Store, saw the light flash and then go solid. Turned off the mixer to see if I can recall that where that setting was actually saved to - I have the manual if front of me, it shows how to Store but actually says nothing about how to Recall that stored setting & I can't figure it out...

I know it defaults to Bank A, Prog. 1 when you power up, so I dialed the knob back around to be in the same spot and saw the Bank B light on but it is not my setting - there's no number or alphnumeric readout, so I can't figure this thing out...

If can anyone can guide me on how to Recall my stored setting, I'd be grateful! :facepalm::love:

• Members

This video from Soundcraft will probably help.

http://www.soundcraft.com/support/videos.aspx?c=4&vid=9

good thought, Bobby1Note but I've looked at those vids... although they are very helpful w/a general overview of all the features, they don't answer this specific question.

I wonder if the "Store" button only stores the settings for that particular session - ie, once I turn off power to the mixer, it loses that stored config.? If so, I need to either curse Soundcraft out or myself for buying this - or just get handy w/setting the FX manually each time. :facepalm::lol:

• Members

...actually I took a second look at the video and it did give me a little more info: it looks like if I call up an FX program (ie, Tape Delay, Studio Reverb, etc...) and then turn the knobs to the exact physical location they were at when I had pressed Store, then the LED lights come on and it should match my Stored setting. It's a bit screwy I think - why not just include a little alpha or mumeric screen... :confused:

Archived