Dating a BC RICH Mockingbird NJ Series

Frets

• Members

Over the years I have been searching on how to date this guitar of mine.  I was looking for clarification but never  could figure out for sure what it was.

Back when I inquired about buying this guitar in 1999 or 2000, I was told by the local shop here that they'd have to order one. I remember waiting a few weeks for it to come in. Its trans blue, was in brand new condition and has the sticker on the back of the head stock Made in Korea. 

The serial is F201456

When I date it, it seems to follow under the "before November 2000" era. Again, my serial is F201456 which makes me believe this guitar would be 1992?  But  I'm not sure it could've sat that long without being bought over those years. 

I found this information online when I tried dating it. Its the closets information to matching up with my serial. Can anyone else make sense of this as I surely can't. Would really like to know more about it as I am the original owner and remember placing the order for it. LOL!

The import guitar models before November of 2000 have a serial number starting with the letter "F", the USA models do not.

F7XXXXX (1997)
F8XXXXX (1998)
F9XXXXX(1999)
F0XXXXX (2000)

B.C.Rick Mocking Bird NJ Series Year 2000 Guitar.jpg

869288012_B.C.RickMockingBirdNJSeriesYear2000Guitar.jpg.6809511b0364f0c05c372596eb855f78.jpg

• Members

BC Riches are damn near impossible to date, since the company was taken over something like 5 times in the last 10 years or so. Korean NJ's..... figure from 97 to 2002/03. After that, Chinese. Before, mostly Japanese. (NJ stands for Nagoya Japan.)

Archived