Notes_Norton

COVID unemployment until whenever?????????

22 hours ago, RoadRanger said:

One of my bands has a confirmed outdoor gig on a town common on July 22nd :)

Best of luck with the gig. Stay well. :thu:

• Like 1

Congrats,  Road Ranger! 

My old house band, at a close- by American Legion, is going back to playing Saturdays, starting on the 11th. Unfortunately it looks like I will miss out on the 1st night back as I've been asked to sub with another previous band- this after a month of no gigs. Glad that my area is allowing music, though.

6 hours ago, pinkfloydcramer61 said:

. . . My old house band, at a close- by American Legion, is going back to playing Saturdays, starting on the 11th. Unfortunately it looks like I will miss out on the 1st night back as I've been asked to sub with another previous band- this after a month of no gigs. Glad that my area is allowing music, though.

Best of luck and stay safe. :thu:

On 6/9/2020 at 3:35 PM, Notes_Norton said:

I did my every two weeks or so trip to the grocery store this morning and am amazed at the number of people who aren't wearing masks, going the wrong way in aisles, and basically being uncivilized.

I guess the USA has become a barbarian nation. 😢

I wouldn't call that uncivilized. It was considered civilized for millennia. I think there is disagreement as to how effective masks and social distancing are though. Even doctors seem to disagree on it.

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2020 at 4:18 PM, Notes_Norton said:

I was upset at first, but now I'm being patient and making the best of it.

I read about people, even those with no or light symptoms ending up with permanent damage to lungs, brain, kidney, heart and/or other organs. My brother-in-law who is a world famous doctor to other doctors verifies that. He's stuck in Australia right now. He says "You don't want to get this disease."

So being stuck at home IMO is better than playing Russian Roulette with something that can kill or permanently damage me. I feel erring on the side of caution is a good way for me to play this.

The people who are chomping at the bit to get back to 'normal' will be the beta testers. I'll wait and see how they do before I come out of my little half acre in paradise.

Insights and incites by Notes

I've been a beta tester since day one. No social distancing no one asked wearing except on required and even then I got the free mask from Costco and cut a bunch of slots in it so I could actually breathe. By the way my friend's dad got this at age 96 and he is asymptomatic and his fine it's was a month ago roughly.

Edited by Newman2020

Newman, be careful...seriously...cutting slots in the mask renders it useless...people are dying from this, spending months in the hospital, having permanent lung damage...and please show me what doctors disagree with what Fauci, et al., have said. There is still much to be learned about Covfefe19, but you don't want to be a statistic...listen to the experts, they are overly cautious for a reason!

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, daddymack said:

Newman, be careful...seriously...cutting slots in the mask renders it useless...people are dying from this, spending months in the hospital, having permanent lung damage...and please show me what doctors disagree with what Fauci, et al., have said. There is still much to be learned about Covfefe19, but you don't want to be a statistic...listen to the experts, they are overly cautious for a reason!

I've been discussing this through hundreds of posts on another site. I think I'll just drop it here, and focus on other subjects. It'll fall out in the end. Fouci has changed his advice so often I don't trust him any more, even if he is the president's anointed one. Same with the WHO. I no longer know who to believe so I'm left with the experience of my friends who got it and the raw death numbers.

Edited by Newman2020

Science changes as we learn new things. If it didn't we would still have blood letting at the barber ship an leeches for viral infections.

Well over 90% of the scientists are recommending face masks.

And yes, not to wear one and protect your fellow citizens is definitely uncivilized.

In a civil society we don't expose our neighbors to unnecessary risks, especially if it could cause permanent disability or death. That is how a barbarian society acts.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Newman2020 said:

Fouci has changed his advice so often I don't trust him any more, even if he is the president's anointed one. . . .

Fauci contradicts the president frequently. As Notes pointed out, the "best" response is going to evolve as we learn more about the disease. The time to really worry is when we stop learning more about it because it will indicate that we've lost.

7 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Science changes as we learn new things. If it didn't we would still have blood letting at the barber ship an leeches for viral infections. . . .

• Like 1

To deny the seriousness of this disease because some preacher, real-estate salesman, PR Person with an agenda, "News" pundit on a propaganda station, flat earther, FB/Twitter bot, Russian spy or anyone else other than what respected, published, peer reviewed medical scientists say is foolish at best, stupid and deadly at worst.

Every day science learns something new about the disease. Sometimes that means what they though last week or month is wrong because new evidence disproved it. That's how science works, and that's why we can now get vaccinated against flu, smallpox, measles, tetanus, and others plus get cured of hundreds of diseases that used to mean certain death.

Science is why we have computers and the Internet plus smart phones. Your phone is more powerful than the computers that put humans on the moon. Why? Because science learns as it goes.

Science is not infallible, but by publishing papers in peer review journals for other scientists to duplicate, confirm or point out fallacies is one very good way to learn what works and what doesn't. And it is as important to know what doesn't work.

If you believe the wrong non-scientist, you have have injected Clorox into your vein and died a painful death. Listening to the wrong people is much worse than listening to what scientists currently think.

Well, let me attempt to get this back on track, and not the "Not being political, while being political as all hell " thread.....

Here in Jacksonville Florida, home of the Jaguars and other southern losers,  We have been asked nicely to wear masks. Great, I don't have a problem with that. I own a few masks, all with removable filters, and a couple with designs. I haven't officially worked since March 17th. Home Depot shut down all the food trucks in front of the stores, and of course, I manage one of them. (Ebay has been keeping myself and Mrs. Penguin feed and air conditioned, with help from Craig and his list.) But I don't have an issue with wearing a mask. Even when I went to my local, and was getting ready to play a set with a group, I wore a mask in a small bar that had no concept of masks or social distancing, and left again, not even unpacking my gear.

We NEED to do as most of California is doing, and shut down again. Unlike notes and other members here, gigs aren't my main source of income anymore, but to go out and enjoy them, we need to shut this mother down! In some 6 weeks or so we have the RNC coming. Wonderful. A bunch of no mask wearing people coming from God knows wear, and spreading whatever germs they may be carrying, and NOT wearing masks because the party leader isn't. (Unless you count that one timer at Walter Reed a few days ago.) Honestly, I am scared as all hell over this crap! I'm old, have diabeties, have heart issues, fat, and have a target on my back for covid to aim at.