gardo

Guitar stores are essential,aren't they?

The Governor of Pennsylvania announced a closing of all nonessential stores. We're  gonna' be jonesing if the local guitar shops are closed.

Just now, sammyreynolds01 said:

unfortunately no.

There's always Amazon ,but nothing like going in and grabbing a guitar unless the last guy coughed and sneezed all over it.

• Confused 1

I go to mostly Ma and Pa stores and use GC as a demo Depot ....then I buy local or rarely on line.

We gotta support smaller music stores, since they definitely have better informed staff that can actually answer questions.

All the smaller shops here have really gone down hill. I have no idea how they stay in business.

On 3/16/2020 at 8:41 PM, sammyreynolds01 said:

I have enough guitars. 

You can never have too many guitars. :cop: 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

You can never have too many guitars. :cop: 

ah, Phil, beat me to it again...

I buy strings in bulk [when you have as many instruments as I do, it makes sense], so  I'm not overly concerned, and as long as MF is still shipping, I'm okay*. Our local music store here in my new town is pretty 'meh', but they have a rehearsal room as well, which is helpful, I suppose...but not much point in rehearsing when all the bars and clubs are closed... my bar/coffehouse/restaurant gigs are cancelled or on hold [summer private party gigs]. This is not a good time for gigging musicians. I may have to go back to chasing the local small studio owners...

Phil?😉

* I see that my Amazon Prime is no longer guaranteeing me 2 day free shipping...:cry:

• Like 1

Outside of editing and mixing that I can do solo, I don’t have any sessions scheduled, and I’m not accepting any for the immediate future either. 

I think I’m pretty good on strings ATM, so if you need an emergency set, drop me a PM and I’ll see what I can do...