making backing tracks with a drum machine

mbengs1

• Members

I tried to make backing tracks from original music and I found it's not as fun to jam (along to a song) with the backing tracks done with a drum machine. I have the same music done with a real drummer and it's more fun and it's less mechanical sounding. When I rerecorded the song with a drum machine, it sounded lame. This is a bummer since I'll never find it fun to jam with my music that I did with a drum machine. Is there a way to get better sounding drums (more natural like a real drummer drumming) with a drum machine or having a real drummer in recording drum tracks is the only way ?

• Members

Most of the problem with Mac Hine is the static attacks and timing of those attacks. You can program nuance and with MIDI 2 you'll have more spread than ever to get the feel right but if you want spontaneous, you gotta wait for AI to take control and by then it won't need you nor GAF.

The real musicians I have access to are less inspiring than EDM and I prefer jamming to previously released tracks; IOW the actual tunes as released. The tunes are always perfect and impossible to throw. That's an important contrast to real blues and rock guys who cant stay on anything that doesn't land every 4 bars. Pretty sad around here.

Archived