Danoman

This just in! New guitar day!

I just picked up this sweet guitar the other day, it's a Danelectro '63 (2015) She's in excellent condition, and for the price... I couldn't pass her up!

IMG_20200305_112646.jpg

IMG_20200305_112729.jpg

IMG_20200305_112614.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice, they definitely have their own vibe. Congrats HNGD

Not one of my favorite body designs TBH, but it does look like it's in really good condition - congrats, and HNGD! :cool2: 

6 minutes ago, fuzztone said:

Cool guitar!

unnamed.jpg

I remember when Mick first started playing guitar occasionally onstage with the Stones... I think at first he was using a Jazzmaster, but it's been decades and I could easily be mis-remembering the details. 

Nice guit and happy NGD!

One of the highlights of being a kid in the 60s was the Sears annual christmas catalog, yes things were different then. I fell in love with the original amp-in-case set [including the Silvertone Mik is known for using] when it first appeared. I remember the $99 price tag seemed like a fortune at the time and I couldn't ever imagine having enough money to afford one. I was quite disappointed when Sears changed to Teisco built gear and discontinued the Dano stuff a few years later.

When the chance came up to snag a re-issue for cheap I couldn't help myself. Mine doesn't have the sparkles like yours as they did a "vintage" treatment to the first re-issues, but it certainly captures the vibe of the originals without the problems associated with early Danos.

I made the mistake of letting my son try it out and I've not seen it since!

Dano63.jpg

• Like 1

I tried out a Fender Mustang .... I'm usually an Super Strat, RR / Jackson or LPC guy ....this Mustang's neck and tones were simply amazing .... I'll never prejudge guitars again !!!!

• Like 1