RIP Keith Olsen

• Members
17 hours ago, Red Ant said:

😢

While mainly known for producing multi-platinum blockbusters, he also produced the only coherent (and coherent-sounding) studio album in the entire Grateful Dead catalog. 

Absolutely NOT TRUE...American Beauty, Workingman's Dead, Blues For Allah, In The Dark

• Members
14 hours ago, moogerfooger said:

Coherent or not I couldn’t get to :30 

I have never really understood the popularity of the GD. I saw them live in the late 70's and they were just okay to me. Yes, they had some good songs but I never liked their execution. Just me.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, epi56ebony said:

Absolutely NOT TRUE...American Beauty, Workingman's Dead, Blues For Allah, In The Dark

I love BFA but its really just Help/Slip/Frank, Crazy Fingers and a  bunch of filler. AB  and WD are great collections of songs, but not particularly coherent albums. I can't speak for ITD, as I can't stand it.

• Members
15 hours ago, Red Ant said:

Terrapin is an acquired taste, even amongst deadheads... its their Prog album :lol:

I think the dead's live wall of sound was a cool thing, but that is as far as my appreciation for that band goes. Of course, art is subjective. :)

50 minutes ago, Vito Corleone said:

Legendary producer with an amazing body of work and the thread turns into a Grateful Dead discussion?   :facepalm: 

I'll try to move it away from the Dead, but I make no promises. 

A few of Keith's productions... 

Feel free to add more if you'd like... 

• Members
On 3/11/2020 at 9:38 AM, Red Ant said:

I love BFA but its really just Help/Slip/Frank, Crazy Fingers and a  bunch of filler. AB  and WD are great collections of songs, but not particularly coherent albums. I can't speak for ITD, as I can't stand it.

Sorry don't agree, those are great albums.

Archived