badpenguin

THIS is why I.....

….hunt thru CL like a shark off of the coastline of Australia!

Saw an ad on CL last week. "Gretsch guitar 150" Emailed them within 10 minutes of seeing it, wondering what it may have been, since there were no pics.

3 days later finally got a call back, went to my voice mail and it became gargled nonsense.

Called back, 15 minutes after the first call, left voice mail.

3 days later, today, called back, figuring it was sold and they never bothered to tell me, and spoke to an actual human!

"Yes, we still have it, are you interested?" Needless to say, I had to ask more questions. What kind is it? "Umm, old?" was the reply. Hollow or solid? "Umm, solid, with two thingys hanging from it with screws on it and 3 knobs." Ok, and how did you come up with that price on it?  "it's what my late husband paid for it in the 60's or so." Uhhh, I'll be there by 1pm.

a 1964 Gretsch Corvette. No breaks, needing a pick guard, a tuner, a trem like tail piece (which I have in my junk drawer.) a bridge, some knobs,and a 3 way switch. Pickups are actually alive! Pots work flawlessly! Just needs some penguin love to be playable again. I so LOVE Craig and his stupid list!

GEDC1053.thumb.JPG.ec3a0b4d2b73a1fb24c9f3209afd1091.JPG

GEDC1054.thumb.JPG.cb8cb1913d067a48a3ceadfbd14f8a56.JPG

GEDC1055.thumb.JPG.3e8d1ce168ae5b1a307a05b9fa183272.JPGGEDC1056.thumb.JPG.13169e31c62e368fea0422444ebc3f0d.JPG

• Like 3

Be sure to post some pics when you finish rehabing it. Love that headstock. Hours of fun ahead. Cool

It seems that your lot in life is  the guardian of cast off guitars

Good for you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jtr654 said:

Well how much $$ was it???

Well, like the first line of the rambling nonsense said, 150.

18 hours ago, gardo said:

It seems that your lot in life is  the guardian of cast off guitars

Good for you

And thank you for that Gardo! It's either the Land of lost toys., or the Island of Dr. Moreau. And yes, I do consider myself a bit of a caretaker, and hopefully, when I am done, they will inspire some kid to enjoy playing as much as I have.