Guitarist is too loud, but you still can

• Members

If the guitarists insists on using an amp and doesn't want to go 100% direct (some guitarists are like that, you know), you could always get a guitar specific DI. The (now discontinued) Hughes & Kettner Red Box was essentially a DI with a built-in speaker emulator. It could take both line and speaker level signals.

• Members

If the guitarists insists on using an amp and doesn't want to go 100% direct (some guitarists are like that, you know), you could always get a guitar specific DI. The (now discontinued) Hughes & Kettner Red Box was essentially a DI with a built-in speaker emulator. It could take both line and speaker level signals.

Changing the guitarist's equipment won't magically teach the keyboard player how to run sound. DI is not a panacea; in fact, with a bad sound tech it can make matters far worse.

• Members

Not to mention the hard feelings it causes if you force a guitarist to go direct. You have to work WITH the band not against them. The more they trust you, the better the sound will get because they will listen to what you say and turn down when they need to.

• Members

I have some of the 'ringer "Red Box" clones (GI100) and they work great inserted on the speaker lines of guitar and bass tube amps. The stupid little pushbuttons all over them are WAY too easy to accidently push when you are setting them up but I recently discovered that you can pull the buttons right off and then the button extensions behind them and then click the switches to where you want them with a small screwdriver it you ever need to change them :cool:.

• Members
I have some of the 'ringer "Red Box" clones (GI100) and they work great inserted on the speaker lines of guitar and bass tube amps. The stupid little pushbuttons all over them are WAY too easy to accidently push when you are setting them up but I recently discovered that you can pull the buttons right off and then the button extensions behind them and then click the switches to where you want them with a small screwdriver it you ever need to change them
:cool:

I've heard of Fender amp mods, but Behringer mods... now that's a concept - I like it:)

Maybe you can start a whole Mesa Boogie kind of deal.... As an agent I know says "I smell money"!

Archived