Godin Heaven

steve mac

• Members
On 4/1/2020 at 10:06 AM, daddymack said:

I love Turner's guitars, but my point was the prices are beyond what SteveMac is looking to pay. The Kelly/Turner collaboration, however, has piqued my interest and will require more research.

I am not a fan of the Kelly/Turner guitars, per se. not weighted the same way and the feel is off. They look the same, but sort of where it stops .. 

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I started out with Godin A6 Ultras. 

They are  a good starter, but required a lot of gear to warm up the tone, and even then, it never really got there, (tinny sound), but that's what you get for $700.  

I sold them and went to Taylor T5Z's.  They are very nice in every respect and I still enjoy playing them. 

Then the Fender Acoustisonics appeared on the scene. 

Gamechanger. 

I have both the Tele and the Strat versions.

Outstanding guitars.  Not built to the same quality as the Taylor T5Z, but my oh my, the tones they deliver are amazing.

I

• Members
11 hours ago, ChrisBell said:

I started out with Godin A6 Ultras. 

They are  a good starter, but required a lot of gear to warm up the tone, and even then, it never really got there, (tinny sound), but that's what you get for $700.  

I sold them and went to Taylor T5Z's.  They are very nice in every respect and I still enjoy playing them. 

Then the Fender Acoustisonics appeared on the scene. 

Gamechanger. 

I have both the Tele and the Strat versions.

Outstanding guitars.  Not built to the same quality as the Taylor T5Z, but my oh my, the tones they deliver are amazing.

I

The Taylor T5Z has a really nice neck too. It's an all in one, when you need an acoustic and electric tone. I'm not gonna say it the end all catch all, but when you only want to take out one guitar to a gig and an electric guitar amp it can easily get you through a night.  The acoustic sounds are not perfect, but will do for sure.

A little acoustic, a little jazz and little rock all in one box. I have never played the  Fender stuff yet.

• Members

My big issue with the T5Z is, given my set up, it is always a struggle to get a strong signal from the guitar to the board, (the nature of my work precludes my playing through an amp on stage).

I've never figured out why that's the case. 

The Fender Acoustisonics have no such issues.

As mentioned, the build quality of the T5Z is considerably better than the Fender product, but they also cost about 30% more.