Sign in to follow this  
ratson page 3

What gibson is this ???

There is the summary, in a pawnshop in a third world country I found what seems to be a gibson les paul standard, many but many already looked at it these days and the price is say about 1200 dollars the problem sche they They sell as a Custom Historic reissue 1960 Vos, nose to what extent they are capable of deteriorating a guitar of such caliber, so the question, here are the photos, I hope someone has the wisdom.

h.PNG.62c1fd28458e2eee34813d884327d51a.PNGgtt.PNG.dbe541b37d16a0d7babdf6ab2734ce9a.PNGgt5.PNG.b3a7cf0598bafe40e7e56c79c53e7bff.PNG.hhh.PNG.45c4f079344b379059cd07e8fe58e2dd.PNG

gggg.PNG

ggt2.PNG

ghj.PNG

gkgkj.PNG

gt3.PNG

ert.PNG

tyu.PNG

tfvv.PNG

pol.PNG

jt.PNG

jt1.PNG

Serial Decoder suggests that LP was was made on 10 October 2002 in Nashville.

Wiring harness and BB pickups appears to be similar to a LP Standard

I'm inclined to say it's a standard, but not an expert when it comes to LPs so maybe somebody more knowledgeable can chime in

Do you have the codes from the pots? I can't see them clearly enough and the angle's not good for seeing the sides of them...

The one picture that makes me suspicious is this one... 

gtt.PNG.dbe541b37d16a0d7babdf6ab2734ce9a

That transition from the headstock to the neck looks really weird. Maybe it's just the angle, but I don't think I've ever seen a real GIbson where that area is so sharp and pointed. 

5 hours ago, jtr654 said:

Thats not a volute but look weird.

You're right - and I've edited my post accordingly. But it does look a bit weird there, doesn't it? :idk:

21 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

You're right - and I've edited my post accordingly. But it does look a bit weird there, doesn't it? :idk:

It does look weird but it could be an optical illusion caused by reflections from the darker and lighter bits of the inside of the case.

It doesn't look quite as drastic in this picture...

On 2/17/2020 at 10:50 PM, ratson page 3 said:

ggt2.PNG

I don't know... it still looks pretty pointed to me, even in that second picture, although I do agree that it's possible that it's just an optical illusion. :idk: 

I compared the neck on my '01 Alley Kat [because it was sitting right here, and the neck is very Lp-ish, IYKWIM...] and I can easily get that optical illusion of an 'arrowhead' type appearance...from more than one angle. Trompe l'oeil, n'est-pas?