Sign in to follow this  
Gibson29

Cats and String Changing

Every time.  They hang around, wait for a loose one and try to steal it.  C’mon, they’re steel!  Can’t sink your teeth into those!  

It is kind of cute tho.

No more cats around the house but, yea, they competed for the elusive strings at changing time. Pet talk - I had a Cockateal that was very loyal, and very jealous of anyone or thing that it determined was a threat to its station in life as my buddy. I'd scratch its head and it would push into my fingers. When I played guitar (finger picking) it would fly to my right shoulder, climb down my arm, perch on my picking hand and nip at each finger as it plucked a string. Not sure, but I think it was jealous of me "scratching" something other than it. Its name was Pepe.

• Thanks 1

I love birds.  Use to hang out at a local pet place that had parrots and cockatoos in sort of a big open circle, just to engage.  They like ears and glasses, particularly the temples.  I would have one, but I don’t know enough about them, and they live longer than I would, totally unfair.  For them, I mean.  Cockatiels too, they can go to 25.  Smart as a dog, probably smarter.

I'm always worried my 19 year old Burmese is going to get her eye poked out, so I try not to change strings during the scant few hours she's up and around; despite being nocturnal she still sleeps a LOT. Whenever I play though she wakes up, comes down and COMPLAINS.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2020 at 6:04 PM, Idunno said:

No more cats around the house but, yea, they competed for the elusive strings at changing time. Pet talk - I had a Cockateal that was very loyal, and very jealous of anyone or thing that it determined was a threat to its station in life as my buddy. I'd scratch its head and it would push into my fingers. When I played guitar (finger picking) it would fly to my right shoulder, climb down my arm, perch on my picking hand and nip at each finger as it plucked a string. Not sure, but I think it was jealous of me "scratching" something other than it. Its name was Pepe.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:14 PM, kwakatak said:

I'm always worried my 19 year old Burmese is going to get her eye poked out, so I try not to change strings during the scant few hours she's up and around; despite being nocturnal she still sleeps a LOT. Whenever I play though she wakes up, comes down and COMPLAINS.

Some critters just have no appreciation for music. smiley-wink I don't remember our dog trying to chew/eat strings but it wouldn't have surprised me. She'd chew anything she couldn't eat.

• Thanks 1

I never let my cats change the strings. Leave that to the bears, and get free claw spruce top in the bargain.

• Haha 1