Sign in to follow this  
jtr654

Yamaha Ac3r vs Ac3m ?

Is there really that much differences ? What do you think about Yamaha A series?

The difference is about $100. The rosewood version is the more expensive. Both should be very good guitars. Play both if you can and form your own opinion.

• Like 1

I've never played either of them but have to give Yamaha points for making good guitars affordable. The AC3R (rosewood) and AC3M (mahogany) may have a slight difference in sound but I probably wouldn't be able to hear it. Like DeepEnd suggests, you'll have to either try them both or take your chances and flip a coin if you can't. My preference is rosewood vs mahogany, and tea vs coffee, for what it's worth.

Edited by Idunno

I've got an AC3R and love it. I did a "taste test" comparison of it and a Taylor and a Martin in same price bracket. All three sounded great, but each a bit different. I went with Yamaha because of electronics and it came with a fine case. I wish it had more output from preamp.... I read they have some sort of 'mark 2" version

Other than low output, am totally satisfied with guitar, which is pretty rare