Gibson Les Paul Studio Silverburst for $399

• Members

Guitar Center had this guitar for $399. It comes with a case.

It is listed as in fair condition because it has had a headstock repair.

I thought it was worth taking a chance so I am having them ship it to my local GC

So I can try it.

silver1.png.e90b05efa4d281921b98555bd9e4daa7.png

silver.png.6d8c199d957f56623c7429b8f21a1fd6.png

silver4.png.4a37bf0f53fb38d78bf1a245421f8b71.pngsilver3.png.f3feefc5ab30afc3b98c5d1ebbdc4f83.pngsilver2.png.bcf91d0b6600b2cf5254b40dd84a092b.png

silver5.png.59d873fe38d35a9640fe6115156e11c7.png

Edited by fuzztone
  • Members

I've never had the privilege of owning a Gibson but AFAIK headstock repairs aren't uncommon. Best of luck with the pending New Guitar Day. 👍 You can take care of most of the chips with a little black nail polish. For that matter, the audience probably won't be able to see them anyway.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:39 AM, daddymack said:

if the repair was done properly, and considering the nicks and dings, you're still likely getting a great deal on a great player!

This. 

As long as the break repair was properly done, that sounds like a great deal to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So I go to GC to pick up the guitar last Friday and when we open up the shipping carton there is an Epiphone triangle shaped box inside. I say that can't be it,where is the case? They say that is how it came. No case. When we open the Epiphone box the Les Paul is inside but after I look at the headstock repair I tell them I don't want it. It looked like an amateur job with a thick line of white glue running diagonally from the top of the headstock through low E tuner hole. One screw of the tuner looked like it was going to pull out of the wood. I just cancelled the order and got a refund.

Edited by fuzztone
  • Members
11 hours ago, fuzztone said:

So I go to GC to pick up the guitar last Friday and when we open up the shipping carton there is an Epiphone triangle shaped box inside. I say that can't be it,where is the case? They say that is how it came. No case. When we open the Epiphone box the Les Paul is inside but after I look at the headstock repair I tell them I don't want it. It looked like an amateur job with a thick line of white glue running diagonally from the top of the headstock through low E tuner hole. One screw of the tuner looked like it was going to pull out of the wood. I just cancelled the order and got a refund.

Good move, sorry it wasn’t what you were led to believe 

• Moderators

well, it was worth a look...too bad the head stock repair was crap. Of course now GC will have to up the price to offset the shipping from store to store...and what about that case?