RGD aka Lost and Found

gardo

• Members

Returned Guitar Day

We recently took a trip to Hainan Island to vacation with the inlaws. We were gone for three weeks so I took along my least expensive guitar, a Squire Affinity Tele. We were taking a lot with us so the best I could do was to capo the strings ,unscrew the neck and stuff it in a suitcase. Worked out pretty good  and I had a guitar to play, no amp but I could play in the hotel room. On the trip home we arrived in LA only to discover that our luggage was still in China somewhere .I took my cheapest guitar just in case something like this happened but still...... We  were told to file a claim with American Airlines when we arrived in Philly.our final destination. They basically just filled out a form and told us blah,blah ,blah. A week later nothing., ten days nothing,two weeks still waiting. Now we were getting ticked . My wife speaks fluent Mandarin so she called the Chinese airline and tracked them down herself. Seems the bags weren't tagged through to LA so they sat in China.  The  result ,two days later the bags showed up at our house.  Found my guitar and put it back together and played the heck out of it

Thanks Wifey

Oh yeah, the clothes were fine to

Seems like we just made it out before the virus got us

I stand corrected ,She didn't actually call them but used WeChat ,it's like a Chinese Facebook

• Members

Fantastic. Could throw a little amp plug into case... your wife speaks fluent Mandarin made me think of cartoon of couples counselor with man's speech bubble saying "It's like we speak different languages!" and her bubble something in Chinese characters.... I have a Thai wife, so am well aware of advantages at times

• Members
22 minutes ago, Emory said:

Fantastic. Could throw a little amp plug into case... your wife speaks fluent Mandarin made me think of cartoon of couples counselor with man's speech bubble saying "It's like we speak different languages!" and her bubble something in Chinese characters.... I have a Thai wife, so am well aware of advantages at times

I don't speak any Chinese but I can figure out enough to know I'm in trouble when I hear her complaining to her friends and it goes something like this

Ba ba ba Gardo ba ba ba ba Guitar Center ba ba ba credit card ba ba ba ba

Archived