Sign in to follow this  
J Backlund

It's my birthday, so last night I.....

Ordered a new Danelectro 12 string as a present to myself, but it was on sale for $299 with free shipping, so it's not like I needed much as an excuse.

Screenshot_20200122-231155~2.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J Backlund said:

Ordered a new Danelectro 12 string as a present to myself, but it was on sale for $299 with free shipping, so it's not like I needed much as an excuse.

Screenshot_20200122-231155~2.png

I have a late '90's blue sparkle DC-12 model that was purchased new back then - actually, GC threw it into a studio gear deal for so little that I really couldn't pass on it. I really wanted a Ric 12, but that little Dano is so darned good that I really can't justify one - especially for as relatively infrequently that I need a 12 string around the studio. But it HAS been used on quite a few projects, and everyone loves the sound and playability of it. 

So...  happy birthday and congratulations! I think you'll really like it. :)

Happy b-day, JB, and that is a remarkable deal on a 12string! Who was selling them at that price?

2 hours ago, daddymack said:

Happy b-day, JB, and that is a remarkable deal on a 12string! Who was selling them at that price?

Musicians Friend. I think it's being shipped from a Kansas City store.

Edited by J Backlund

Cool gift to self. BTW 22nd or 23rd? I had mine 23rd, but being in Thailand (17 hrs ahead of west coast USA) time does get confusing.

I'd like a 12 string, but hard enough keeping 6 strings going with massive corrosion here

even $399 is cheaper than on most places, but $299 is a steal :)

i have lefty one too
happy birthday and enjoy new guitar

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday wishes. Enjoy your new Danoelctric 12 string

I myself have a Ric 330 12. It's a nice guitar, but rather specialiazed.

Edited by Mikeo
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Emory said:

Cool gift to self. BTW 22nd or 23rd? I had mine 23rd, but being in Thailand (17 hrs ahead of west coast USA) time does get confusing.

I'd like a 12 string, but hard enough keeping 6 strings going with massive corrosion here

23'd.

• Thanks 1

23rd is easy to remember for folks in US as we use month/day/year: 1/23/20... but rest of the world seems to use more sensible day/month/year: 23/1/20 FWIW.

On 1/25/2020 at 2:27 PM, DeepEnd said:

Happy Birthday. :eatdrink060: Happy (Pending) New Guitar Day too!

Thank you. It's going to be a loaded HNGD week, besides the Dano 12 coming on the 30th, I have that cheapo Grote thinline hollowbody supposedly showing up on Tuesday the 28th.

Uh-oh, for some stupid reason, my credit card purchase of the Grote didn't go through, though there's certainly enough 'headroom' available to buy a cheapo guitar, so....I cancelled that order, and re-ordered the same guitar tonight, this time using a bank debit card. It will push the delivery date back one day to Wednesday, the 29th.

Edited by J Backlund