WHICH MORGAN AMP??

ksl

• Members

Hi all~  I'm truly torn between the JMI Head & the AC20 Deluxe head,,, great sound clips of each amp online & they sound very similar. The EF86 is my favorite feature in favor of the AC20, and though it has only a 'cut' tone control, the dip switches seem to offer additional tone control.  No one carries them I would not be able to audition one, which is where you'all come in,,, I trust you folks... I already have an empty 1x12 Morgan shell to receive a new chassis!
Thanks, Kenny 
🕉

• Members
On 1/11/2020 at 11:35 AM, ksl said:

Hi all~  I'm truly torn between the JMI Head & the AC20 Deluxe head,,, great sound clips of each amp online & they sound very similar. The EF86 is my favorite feature in favor of the AC20, and though it has only a 'cut' tone control, the dip switches seem to offer additional tone control.  No one carries them I would not be able to audition one, which is where you'all come in,,, I trust you folks... I already have an empty 1x12 Morgan shell to receive a new chassis!
Thanks, Kenny 
🕉

Jeff Tweedy was playing Morgan amps for a while.

He has a great sound.I believe Jeff used the AC40's

Musicians Friend and Sweetwater Music both carry them and have a great return policy. By the time I get where I need to be, I never return anything.

Personal I'd probably do the AC20.

I already have a Dr Z Maz 18 w/ reverb and a factory eq bypass.

My next amp should probably be a Swart Atomic Space Tone. I have been looking at hem for a while. How ever, I have a lot of amps to choose from.

Archived