So sad to hear about Neil Peart

Warhorse

• Members

I was driving home from work Friday afternoon when "breaking news" came over the radio.  I was crushed.  Even got some tears in my eyes.  Neil remains my all-time favorite drummer from my all-time favorite band.  I joined my first band and played my first paying gig back in 1977 when I was just 12 years old, and that's around  when I heard Rush for the first  time.  I was hooked and inspried.  First Rush concert I attended was Signals in spring 1983.  After that, I saw them in the area of 45- 50 times.  I was second row for Time Machine and I'm on the DVD, and I think I'm also on the R40 DVD.  Although Geddy and Alex had been saying Neil was not only retired from music but retired from drumming altogether, I remained hopeful they'd do a couple more studio albums with no tour or a very limited tour, or perhaps do a residency somewhere like Vegas or Toronto, but it was not meant to be.  Neil was a very private individual, and they did a remarkable job of keeping his illness and death largely a secret until they were ready to share it with the world.  God Bless You, Neil, and thank you for sharing your incredible talent with the world.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

The man was a legend.........and a machine.  Had the chance to see them in concert (second row) and never seen him screw up.  Flawless, plays true to the songs, and at his age still played with power.  Sad to see him go, would of loved to see them again.

Archived