Aria Pro II

Huey1959

• Members

That looks like the ones that they built in the 80s - the shape of the upper bouts is unmistakeable.  Japanese built, IIRC, though there were a couple of custom shops in the US that did some of their "special" jobs.  My recollection is a bit hazy, though.

I definitely remember that some of the Aria Pro II were really good-playing guitars when they first came out - not sure how they have held up since then, though.

• Moderators

Matsumoku made the Aria Pro II after the mid 1970s. The 7 digit serial numbers is consistent with the Japan builds [including Vantage, Westbury, most Westones, Japanese Washburns, some Electras, and the Skylark], but they have built guitars all over Asia [Korea, Indonesia, Philippines]. I would guess, based on the s/n and pix, that this is a 1985, made in February [7th week of the year], in Japan. I have been curious about the Aria Pro II series for many years and have never seen one up close.  That guitar looks to be in very good condition considering its age. I do not know the model number, but I will venture a guess it is a PE series, but I could easily be wrong. You could try contacting Aria

• Members
8 hours ago, Huey1959 said:

Hello,

In the estate of a friend a found an Aria Pro II.

Can anyone give me some information about this instrument?

For example year and place of manufacture and so on.

Thank you for your help.

Huey

Totale.jpg

Korpus.jpg

Ser.-Nr.].jpg

Brücke.jpg

Rückseite.jpg

Kopfplatte.jpg

I believe this is a 1985 model.  The Aria PE with Kahler models started to be manufactured around this time period.  If you look up the Aria catalog from 1985 there is a pearl white model of this guitar on the cover.  

Archived