Any difference in a A&h Mixwiz3 16.2and a mixwiz 16.2DX?

• Members

I'm shopping for a new Mixer and am gonna go with a used A&H mixwiz 16.2 I found a Mixwiz 16.2 DX for a good price is there much difference in this one and the mixwiz 3 16.2? and what is the difference ?

Thanks

• Members

The DX has effects, which the previous version does not. The 3 has various refinements that are best left to the manufacturer's "poop sheets" to describe (as I don't know them off the top of my head :-)

IME a DX should sell for no more than about $550 (unless a case is included), a 3 should be about $750 to $800 (plus case). I'd go ahead and spend the extra $.

• Members

The big changes that I can think of is AUX 6 and the mono fader that can be/or is assigned to AUX 6. Nice for AUX fed subs or a montor that you want to control the level with a fader.

I also believe that each channel has its own 48v button vs the one button for all on the 16.2DX. Each channel has signal LED's too which is kinda nice.

• Members

Yeah, the +48v switch on each channel is pretty nice, also has a mono fader for mixing in mono or doing the aux-fed-sub thing. I like having a mono out fader (the LX7 has this), I don't have to use the XLR combiner I made for the non mono out mixers. The EQ on the DX16:2 I have has the low EQ 60hz, pretty low IMHO. Whatever though, it works.

Archived