Speaker stands

• Members

Thats perfect, but how exactly do they help get the box up? Is there a spring or something inside?

Basically, that style of clutch, set in the right postion, only allows you to raise the stand, then grabs it (rather than droppping it down), allowing you to take a break or grab a second wind.

That style is handy.

• Members

Description says it is a friction collar. You can raise the tube, but it won't drop lower when you let go. Two hands on tube and you raise it up, let go, and do it again. When it's time to go home, you turn the collar a little towards UNLOCK and they slowly lower the cabs down to the bottom of the tube travel.

Great stands.....

• Members

Axis is talking about the TeleLocks... great stands!

Ultimate also makes a TS100 stand with a 50lb. preloaded gas spring inside. makes the cab seems 50lb. lighter when raising/lowering.

Neither of these eliminates the need for you to use a buddy to lift those heavy cabs ONTO the stand to begin with... use your brain, not your back.

• Members

Ultimate TS90s. Not only are they rated for the weight, they help you get the box in the air when you find yourself alone. Mine have lasted 8 years so far without any failures.

+1

I have the TS90B and the TS99B's. Both are great for one person to control.

• CMS Author

If you're looking to mount over subs, I've been waiting for the
SP90B
for months. They keep delaying the release date. 150 lbs, lift assist, and they fit snuggly in any pole cup. I'm sick of my wobbly poles.

150lb eh? That I'd love to see. My SR4735X's weigh 115lb, and there's no f'n way I'd ever dream of pole-mounting them, let alone something 35 pounds heavier.

• Members

150lb eh? That I'd love to see. My SR4735X's weigh 115lb, and there's no f'n way I'd ever dream of pole-mounting them, let alone something 35 pounds heavier.

Oh, I agree, just pointing out the new option. As big an issue as the pole itself is what it's being attached to down below. You'd better have one hell of an anchor before mounting 100+ lbs overhead. My cabs are a scant 39 lbs.

• CMS Author

Oh, I agree, just pointing out the new option. As big an issue as the pole itself is what it's being attached to down below. You'd better have one hell of an anchor before mounting 100+ lbs overhead. My cabs are a scant 39 lbs.

You just know some guy's gonna try to put a 150lb (or more, "oh, they overrate these things.....:facepalm:) speaker on one and then sue when it falls or snaps the cup out of a sub.

• Members

You just know some guy's gonna try to put a 150lb (or more, "oh, they overrate these things.....
:facepalm:
) speaker on one and then sue when it falls or snaps the cup out of a sub.

I broke one out of a sub once. Drunk dude at a wedding reception stumbled across the entire dance floor and ended up seated on my Yorkville LS700P subs. These subs are wider than they are high so the pole is pretty long, making a nice pendulum when knocked. Speaker was an EV QRx single 112 (57 lbs - I knew better, and learned my lesson). Luckily the stumbling, which was in slow motion, gave me enough time to meet him only a second after he hit the sub so I could steady the swinging speaker above. Luckily it didn't pull the cup out completely on impact or fall over. I was able to rotate the cup and screw it back down, but don't put anything near that weight on them anymore. Frankly I only use those subs 1-2 times per year.

Archived