Double bass bargain in Japan?

Emory

• Members

They do love bass ball in Japan... one issue in teaching English to non native speakers... when you go to music shop are you "bass fishing"? Growing up in PDX there was some private school to teach girls how to be a lady... "The Bassist Institute".... I read it like "Oh, school for players of low note stringed instruments... cool." Don't get me started on record and record...

• Members
8 hours ago, Emory said:

They do love bass ball in Japan... one issue in teaching English to non native speakers... when you go to music shop are you "bass fishing"? Growing up in PDX there was some private school to teach girls how to be a lady... "The Bassist Institute".... I read it like "Oh, school for players of low note stringed instruments... cool." Don't get me started on record and record...

absolutely, the english language is imprecise, confusing and positively inefficient...   i sometimes hear americans making fun of how another says a word...  i like to use that opportunity to ask how many languages they speak and make sure to commend them on their learning of americanized english , especially as its usually a second, third of fourth language...   

• Members
15 hours ago, Voltan said:

absolutely, the english language is imprecise, confusing and positively inefficient...   i sometimes hear americans making fun of how another says a word...  i like to use that opportunity to ask how many languages they speak and make sure to commend them on their learning of americanized english , especially as its usually a second, third of fourth language...   

Amen my bruddah. Thai friend I play with at (on?) beach here speaks fairly good English, asks me to explain some of the nuances.... I often resort to "F*ck if know: it's English".... I have varying levels of incompetence in Spanish, Japanese, Indonesian, bits of Russian and German... oh, yeah Thai... I like to boast "I can be misunderstood in several languages"

• Members

5 hours ago, Emory said:

Amen my bruddah. Thai friend I play with at (on?) beach here speaks fairly good English, asks me to explain some of the nuances.... I often resort to "F*ck if know: it's English".... I have varying levels of incompetence in Spanish, Japanese, Indonesian, bits of Russian and German... oh, yeah Thai... I like to boast "I can be misunderstood in several languages"

well, if ever i can screw up your understanding a little more, feel free to ask.. lol...  i used to say i could most likely start a fight in 3 languages from my inability to remember words worth repeating...    

Archived