ksl

My Amp Dilemma~~

I haven't even tried any of these 3, but I know which one probably sounds the best full-up,,which one is most flexible,,and which one would be the most fun to putz around with...  

1- TEX EF86 w/Celestion Blue...in red

2) VALVETECH VAC 25....in red

3) THD UNI-VALVE (or BI)....

I alone will claim blame for the wrong choice, but just kicking the idea around, and wanted to hear from you folks about only these 3 or 4 amps for smallish venues and/or living room O/D......?

I play & like most rock sub-genres, with the exception of heavy, death, or any kind of metal.... From punk to indie to good ol' R&R....

It's not so much as what I play, but how I play it, which i would refer to as commanding. Large & in charge, but not solely as a stand-out lead guitarist....  

Thanks all & Happy New Year!!

🕉

Edited by ksl

I'm the first one to claim that "subjective" is a legal term for trial lawyers. Still, "which specific amp ?" queries raise questions like, for what genre, what venue, can you even play (nothing personal) ????

My answer: IDFK.

So why'd I answer? To be sociable and .02 charitable thank you. 

I believe you answered just to proudly bask in your own sarcasm,  and your .02 is loosing value fast...

I play & like most rock sub-genres, with the exception of heavy, death, or any kind of metal.... From punk to indie to good ol' R&R.... It's not so much as what I play, but how I play it, which i would refer to as commanding. Large & in charge, but not only as a stand-out lead guitarist.... Thanks all~~

🕉

Edited by ksl

If you haven't tried them, then how do you know you would like them? what looks good on paper, or in some hyper-produced youtube vid, might not sound pleasing in the real world.

Edited by badpenguin
  • Thanks 2

You want to gather a bunch of anecdotal comments from strangers over a period of time rather than actually going to a music store and trying out some amps?

I've spoken with a few of my trusted advisors and determined:

1) Good sound, needs tweaking 

2) Good sound, uses capacitors

3) Good sound, likes to be turned up to make the tubes work

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ksl said:

I believe you answered just to proudly bask in your own sarcasm,  and your .02 is loosing value fast...

I play & like most rock sub-genres, with the exception of heavy, death, or any kind of metal.... From punk to indie to good ol' R&R.... It's not so much as what I play, but how I play it, which i would refer to as commanding. Large & in charge, but not only as a stand-out lead guitarist.... Thanks all~~

🕉

It's true I post AT stuff. It's like those wack a mole /gopher bop arcade games. Comes from concepts that arise from the information offered here.

This cuts in all directions.

Edited by 1001gear