So does this forum still blow, or has it gotten better since it went to pot about 8 years ago or so?

DaveAronow

• Moderators
On 7/20/2020 at 9:59 PM, Emory said:

Where the heck did the user reviews go? I admit I'm a brain addled geezer.... but I can't find them

User reviews are what made me come here first and now..... they're gone?

Googled "Harmony central user reviews guitars"

All the links (except for expert reviews) were posters complaining on other sites about the purge of reviews

And they were mostly dated 2010 to 2013ish

Killed the golden goose

I'll have to remove HC from my quick links

Sad

unfotunately, in the last platform changeover, there apparently was no way to retrieve it all.

All we have now are the 'Pro' reviews...and I have no idea who is doing anything with that now that Phil is gone, and they wouldn't print my pro reviews...:facepalm:

I think we lost a lot of 'cred' losing that stuff; they were not all honest, many were through the 'new owner' kaleidoscope, but after reading enough reviews you could sort out most of the fly specks and get to the pepper.

But I came here for the OLGA back around 1998/9 looking for material that was already charted. I have a number of the user reviews under my name, so I was not pleased to learn it was largely irretrievable.

But I'm still here, and no, I'm not a moderator due to attrition as someone asked awhile back...nobody wanted the job years ago...silly me, I volunteered.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived