So does this forum still blow, or has it gotten better since it went to pot about 8 years ago or so?

DaveAronow

• Members
14 minutes ago, Voltan said:

*whistles through teeth*

yep, 20 thousand poasts...   impressive...  

It was easy when it moved fast.  Used to have to bump threads to keep it on the first page for more than 30 min. Now it's more like 30 days.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
1 hour ago, mrbrown49 said:

It was easy when it moved fast.  Used to have to bump threads to keep it on the first page for more than 30 min. Now it's more like 30 days.

i think they lost 20 thousand or so of my poasts in the first couple changeovers...   there were indeed some prolific poasters in those times...  rumor has it some  poasted from 9 or eleventy different monkiers... ummmm. alts...  or something?   at the same time, but everyone knows tjeres no such thang as alts so... hadda be turban legends or the murphy clan or such...  

• Members
On 6/8/2020 at 10:34 AM, ArKay said:

Oh, I still do check in once or twice per year :D I think I used to write more posts in 30 minutes than you get here in a day now. Good times though!

Seriously. I think my average posts per day (since the old vBulletin showed that) was over four. Now it doesn't seem to get four posts a day between everybody. But it's nice to see that they went with the same software that's used on LinusTechTips.com since the LTT crew obviously know how to make tech work.

• Members
On 6/8/2020 at 2:26 PM, daddymack said:

hard to believe it has been ten years since they first mucked it all up...when we first started 'testing' it in the sandbox, I advised the admins this was NEVER going to work out well...

I work in tech now as a systems admin... It's more obvious to me now than ever that the people that can make decisions and the people that know what they're talking about usually aren't the same people. Nice to see that somebody finally listened here.

• Members
3 hours ago, GilmourD said:

I work in tech now as a systems admin... It's more obvious to me now than ever that the people that can make decisions and the people that know what they're talking about usually aren't the same people. Nice to see that somebody finally listened here.

You couldn't be more correct.  Nothing irks me more than managers and business people making engineering decisions, knowing that in a few weeks or months myself and the other engineers will have to pick up the pieces.  Funny how the engineers seem to take on the blame as well.

• Members
6 hours ago, mrbrown49 said:

You couldn't be more correct.  Nothing irks me more than managers and business people making engineering decisions, knowing that in a few weeks or months myself and the other engineers will have to pick up the pieces.  Funny how the engineers seem to take on the blame as well.

My experience has been that problems are caused equally by idiot/lazy business people and a lack of common sense and ability/desire to listen by technical people.

• Members
1 hour ago, dcindc said:

Holy frickin way back machine!! Hey Dave, Gilmour, Mariner :thu: :thu:

LOL Yeah, somebody mentioned HCEG and I was like "Oh, let me look for something there. Oh, wow! It's no longer a pile of garbage! It's slow. Let me annoy everybody!"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Where the heck did the user reviews go? I admit I'm a brain addled geezer.... but I can't find them

User reviews are what made me come here first and now..... they're gone?

Googled "Harmony central user reviews guitars"

All the links (except for expert reviews) were posters complaining on other sites about the purge of reviews

And they were mostly dated 2010 to 2013ish

Killed the golden goose

I'll have to remove HC from my quick links

Sad

Archived