gardo

Should threads have an expiration date ?

With. so many necro threads should we have a “respond by “ time or should we just be glad someone is responding

3 minutes ago, gardo said:

With. so many necro threads should we have a “respond by “ time or should we just be glad someone is responding

If it's a relevant comment or question about a piece of gear, an artist, or something like that, they really don't bother me. 

When someone asks if an OP still has a guitar or pedal for sale, and the original post is several years old, it's annoying IMO. 

• Like 1

i don't click on threads where the OP is from the past....

i do not understand why people just don't start a new thread with their question

I'm pretty sure it's just people Googling a topic, clicking through to a topic, creating a membership, replying, then never coming back.

There are so many that it smells a bit like shenanigans. 

I had some suspicion that it's an inside scheme to create traffic ,but Grant is probably right

• Haha 2

Seems it's usually somebody just had the answer to something and signed up to post it. That's a new user regardless. 

OTOH

I think that's how I found my way here. So maybe ...

Oh, never mind. I remember.  The Mackie site was down. I was not aware that sites crash all the time and I posted in Anderton's forum all curious and concerned. :facepalm:

I'm amused at how many times a forum's old guard will crap on a newbie for commenting on an old thread. 

&

I'm amused at how many times a forum's old guard will crap on a newbie for starting a thread without searching to see if it's been dealt with before.

(Even if the old threads are titled "WTF!!!")

&

I'm amused at how many times newbies are crapped on for too many tags, or not enough tags. 

I've concluded newbies are often amusing. :cool05: