Two electric guitars - Two guitar amps - in stereo

andriij

• Members

I play with friend on two electric guitars on small events. I have Marshall JVM205h (+ column), my friend has fender frontman 212R.

Is it possible to connect these two amps somehow as I could be audible in Marshal/Fender and my friend vice versa?

No problem if we have to buy something.

• Moderators

If both amps have multiple inputs you could both use AB-Y boxes. Or play into a small mixer and use the L/R outs to feed the amps, with the guitars panned to center.

Unless your guitars' tone are very distinct from one another, sending both to both amps sounds kind of pointless to me, as I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish...why not just use one amp and an AB-Y for both guitars into the input?

• Members
On 12/9/2019 at 2:31 AM, andriij said:

I play with friend on two electric guitars on small events. I have Marshall JVM205h (+ column), my friend has fender frontman 212R.

Is it possible to connect these two amps somehow as I could be audible in Marshal/Fender and my friend vice versa?

No problem if we have to buy something.

If it was one guitar, then two separate amps might be something to try. However, two guitars into two amps doesn’t seem practical or ideal.  

What kind of guitars and pedals are being used with each amp?  

• Members

andriij

Here's an idea... Buy a little stereo mixer like this one:

https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/092033-behringer-802-8-channel-2-bus-analog-mixer?gclid=CjwKCAiA__HvBRACEiwAbViuU5l6thmRTivuXqRVMUuEQQJf32Rm9c7qIZB2it_oJczw74XdzcmwuRoCH3MQAvD_BwE

Put your partner's amp on the left and yours on the right

Plug the last output of his stomp box chain into the "line in" of channel 1 of the mixer, and yours into the "line in" of channel two

Run the left output of the mixer into his amp, and the right output into yours...

Now set the "pan" control of channel 1 to 80% left and channel two's pan control to 80% right...

Now when you play he'll get a little of your sound in his amp and you'll get a little of his in yours.

Then of course being guitarists, you have to have a fight over who's LOUDER!

• Members

simple solution... you said it... no problem if you have to buy something?   add another input on each guitar and run two cords out... one to each amp!  now nobody will be able to tell who is making what sounds...   which is great if youre not all that happy with people  hearing what youre trying to do...  unless that is the point? 

in all seriousness, for what purpose?   help me or any of us to understand what it is your trying to do and you just might get some helpful ideas...   

• Members

So.... are you guys playing in two different rooms? Why wouldn't you be able to hear each other? I've played guitar in two and even three guitar bands, and it's been my experience that the other guitar player is always too loud. I couldn't stand the thought of having another guitar player's out of time rhythm playing chords. blasting through my amp - wait, did I say that out loud?

Edited by Shaster

• Members
11 hours ago, Shaster said:

So.... are you guys playing in two different rooms? Why wouldn't you be able to hear each other? I've played guitar in two and even three guitar bands, and it's been my experience that the other guitar player is always too loud. I couldn't stand the thought of having another guitar player's out of time rhythm playing chords. blasting through my amp - wait, did I say that out loud?

you were thinking it very, very strongly...