Sign in to follow this  
elysse77

Selling my 1st bass tomorrow :((!!

This isn’t even a question, I just feel kinda sentimental (it’s like 3am here).

After numerous posts on this sub about what bass I should get, I settled on a Squier CV 60s P-Bass, in the prettiest white with a tortoiseshell pick guard. I’m planning on getting an ashtray cover and maybe switching out the pick ups to something a bit more dated (if they sell vintage pick ups, never checked) to make my own unique sound.

My first bass was a Hamer Slammer P-bass knockoff, which I got for free from my high school’s theatre program. It cost maybe $25 to fix the jack and bam, I had a bass. A {censored}ty bass, but it was my first and now I feel kinda bad about selling it.

Not enough to not sell it, but every time I look over to my door I see my bass all packed up, ready to sell before I get my new bass in tomorrow. I think I’ll get $25 out of it, and I’ll probably save up to buy a mini rumble I can take to uni.

Does anyone else get sentimental over selling their firsts or is it just me? I refuse to sell my first guitars though, too many memories. Once I get a guitar I want more however I will sell my either my black/ivory Epi LP or my tuxedo Squier A Strat. Too bad I don’t play electric too much these days. My acoustic is staying with me forever though, a blueburst Huntington which sings pretty nicely once in a blue moon.vidmate mobdro word counter

Edited by elysse77

I've never sold a bass but yeah, I've gotten sentimental over guitars I've sold. I guess it depends on the individual and how crappy the instrument was.

21 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

I've never sold a bass but yeah, I've gotten sentimental over guitars I've sold. I guess it depends on the individual and how crappy the instrument was.

I have, and I've usually regretted it down the road. As a result, I now have quite a few. Some might even say too many.