looking for a good guqin...

Voltan

• Members

my first stringed instrument was a hawaiian lap steel...   major chords, some sevenths, elevenths...  it wasnt long before i moved into the world of fretted strings...  a couple of weeks ago i saw a guqin...   think lap /table top guitar-like set up but fretless fingerboard and 7 strings... Guqin

• Members
On 12/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, Voltan said:

my first stringed instrument was a hawaiian lap steel...   major chords, some sevenths, elevenths...  it wasnt long before i moved into the world of fretted strings...  a couple of weeks ago i saw a Goqin...   think lap /table top guitar-like set up but fretless fingerboard and 7 strings... Goqin

Damn that was sweet. Are you gonna grab one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

boom! snd just like that!   my wife gifted me a guqin for my bday!   and its a rather nice one!  and...   a guzheng!   initially i decided i would rather start on the qin...  7 strings ,set up to basically be played in a similar fashion as a lap steel, sans steel bar...   the guzheng has 21 strings!  individual bridges!  its like looking down the soundboard of a piano...  but looks are deceiving...  the qin is tough!   the heng is intuitive from the start...  as long as i keep my eyes shut its cake...  well... in reverse and upside down but cake nonetheless!  

side note.. one qin is not enough...  they are notoriously difficult to tune/friction pegs...  

Archived