SonoTone Vintage Strings

Phil O'Keefe

I've been a coated string guy for several years because I kill regular strings pretty fast... but I had the opportunity to try out a set of SonoTone Vintage Strings, and I was surprised by them. In what ways? For that, you'll have to check out my review... 

As always, if you have any questions, or comments about SonoTone's Vintage Strings, please feel free to post them here. 

• Members

I'd be interested in the Sonocore Round Wound Pure Nickel Round Core strings if they'd offer them in "rock" gauges.  I may buy a 12-54 set, throw out the 54, move them over one spot and put a 10 on the high E, that would be a good set.  That's what a lot of player used to do with the old Gibson Sonomatic 340 sets in the old days to make a rock gauge set.  To me, the vintage string sound is pure nickel round core.

Al

• Members

Sonomatics  is what I used threw out the D string the gauges were 10/13/17/28/44/56. They stayed in tune better than normal light gauged strings.  Modern guitars bridges/tail pieces wouldn't take the 56 so iwent down to 10/13/17/28/40/52. Oh yeah $19+ for a set of strings  NO WAY.

Archived