An Important PSA That Could Make Your Amp's Day!!

ksl

• Members

This might be the wrong group to post this in, but I wanted to get the word out to as many of us as possible;  In under 5 minutes, YouTube can be a wonderful place!!  Check this out, and as the author claims, "for about $4", was right on the money~~ And just in time to be united with my 1953/4 Gibson GA40 w/tremolo amp that was just restored...pics to follow soon~~  Simply tickled... it looks like a bug & it cost all of $6!!  LET THERE BE VIBRATO, OR NOT ~~

20191125_140247.jpg

20191125_140314.jpg

• Members

I edited the post to remove any amp threatening of life saving inferences, so, sorry to sound overly dramatic! I scored the GA40 a few weeks ago for just less than $800 & another $180 for a total health checkup...original trannies, replaced some aged & failing caps & such, & a Hammond organ P12Q for $34...pics below. Sounds better than any GA20 or GA20T I've owned. I could probably sell it for a hefty payday, but that's no fun at all as this thing ROCKS, & thanks to a dremel tool, a sharp razor blade, a .50 doorstop & a $4 parlour style on/off switch, I have beautiful 3 speed w/a tremolo switch......

Capture+_2019-11-02-19-20-56_kindlephoto-33074515.png

Capture+_2019-11-02-20-22-09_kindlephoto-35998083.png

• Moderators

if you look closely, you can still read the 'Les Paul' sig to the right of the grille. Those amps have a very nice sound, mucho midrange because of the 7591 power tube and the 6eu7 preamp tubes...getting hard to find NOS of those...stock up while you can!

Archived