why you don't see me anymore pogo97

• Members

Used to hang out here. Enjoyed it. Then my 2008 MacBook stopped being able to open the site. This happens a lot when you're using an old computer and sticking with it, as I am. And now, et tu Harmony Central. Pity. My computer has not changed, and it still runs all the software I need, but web sites fail to load, or just fail because, I assume, the html generators are making calls my browser can't interpret. New browser = new system = new computer = not happening. Just so you know.

Sent from my wife's computer

pogo97

9 hours ago, pogo97b said:

Used to hang out here. Enjoyed it. Then my 2008 MacBook stopped being able to open the site. This happens a lot when you're using an old computer and sticking with it, as I am. And now, et tu Harmony Central. Pity. My computer has not changed, and it still runs all the software I need, but web sites fail to load, or just fail because, I assume, the html generators are making calls my browser can't interpret. New browser = new system = new computer = not happening. Just so you know.

Sent from my wife's computer

pogo97

Have you tried the old MacBook since we moved to the new software that we’re using now? What browser and OS are you running on it? 

• Moderators

Pogo, I had noticed your absence and was concerned something may have happened to you! Glad you are okay! There really should be no reason to not be able to access...unless maybe it is a site security protocol setting or something of that nature.

I will say that my old link comes up with an error message, but still hits the page.

• Like 1
  • Members

I've had to upgrade a few Macs in order to have a decent internet experience. There comes a point where you have to upgrade the OS and if your machine is too old upgrading is impossible. My imac is a 2011 and won't take the latest OS but all is fine with the internet so far.

Pogo could check to see if his macbook can take an OS upgrade that will support this website. Applehistory.com is a good site to find this kind of info.

• 9 months later...