Epiphone Caballero

AZMLII

• Members

My first real guitar was a Caballero FT-130, 197...2?3?  Back then there was a commercial on TV, yup, a guitar commercial on T effin V, about if you can’t afford a great guitar, get a good one.  It was a good one.  Cool commercial sold me.  Back then it was north of 100 bucks new.  

Had 2 Masterbilts as well, same model, and those were good ones too.  That one looks like a good one.

• Members
17 hours ago, Neal said:

My first real guitar was a Caballero FT-130, 197...2?3?  Back then there was a commercial on TV, yup, a guitar commercial on T effin V, about if you can’t afford a great guitar, get a good one.  It was a good one.  Cool commercial sold me.  Back then it was north of 100 bucks new.  

Had 2 Masterbilts as well, same model, and those were good ones too.  That one looks like a good one.

Neal, thank you.  That's a great story and brought a smile to my face.  Also, thank you for letting me know your experience with the original Caballeros and Masterbuilts.

There's not much information out there about these.

BTW, I've always been a fan of not letting the perfect/great stand in the way of the good.

Cheers,

Patrick

Archived