Is this site legit?

E-money

• Members

It seems the pictures are of the real stuff, but the prices for the semi-body guitars seem to be off by about 20 to 50 dollars.  The site itself looks OK, but when you read the fine print, now that's another thing. Pretty blank on the actually "total" cost of what one might occur.

No, I would not buy on that site.

The brand name means nothing and has the possibility to be seized at the US Postal office.  Something to think about.

Also 5 password characters seems to be a bit low  in my thoughts.

Also when I type in Japan, its not set up to give the prefectures.

Check out these prices:   https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/guitar.html

Good luck

• Moderators

seems very suspicious...they don't show the headstocks on any instruments,...which right there says they are trying hard to not quite be called counterfeiters...but they use the actual brand names...how could they possibly sell any name brand instrument, even B-stocks, at those prices? Maybe that's the monthly payment or downpayment....? No, this wreaks of  caveat emptor

I wouldn’t buy from that site even with someone else’s money. 

There is no way those are legit guitars - either they’re counterfeits or it is a scam, or both.

Besides, protonmail is another bad sign IMO. A high percentage of spammers use that (encrypted) email service, so that’s yet another red flag IMO.

• Members
10 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

I wouldn’t buy from that site even with someone else’s money. 

There is no way those are legit guitars - either they’re counterfeits or it is a scam, or both.

Besides, protonmail is another bad sign IMO. A high percentage of spammers use that (encrypted) email service, so that’s yet another red flag IMO.

I agree.  Here I see these guitars with other name brands on them and as I mention, most Les Pauls copies go for under 120 USD and Strat style guitars range from 65 USD on up, not much more over 120 USD unless it has a well known name  like History (made in China).

Here's an example:  https://www.soundhouse.co.jp/products/detail/item/9920/

And the site appears to have been taken down... 

Here's what it says:

抱歉!该站点已经被管理员停止运行,请联系管理员了解详情!

Bàoqiàn! Gāi zhàndiǎn yǐjīng bèi guǎnlǐ yuán tíngzhǐ yùnxíng, qǐng liánxì guǎnlǐ yuán liǎojiě xiángqíng!

According to Google translate, it roughly means "Sorry! The site has been stopped by the administrator, please contact the administrator for details!"

• Members
1 hour ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

And the site appears to have been taken down... 

Here's what it says:

抱歉!该站点已经被管理员停止运行,请联系管理员了解详情!

Bàoqiàn! Gāi zhàndiǎn yǐjīng bèi guǎnlǐ yuán tíngzhǐ yùnxíng, qǐng liánxì guǎnlǐ yuán liǎojiě xiángqíng!

According to Google translate, it roughly means "Sorry! The site has been stopped by the administrator, please contact the administrator for details!"

Well imagine that 

no surprise there

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I actually did make a purchase from a similar site advertising on facebook, going bankrupt, being in this type business (I build tube amplifiers) with guitars not selling because of covid, no gigs, the stock must be backing up and $97. is a way to stay afloat, or so I reasoned, but you,ll not find a phone # or a website or an E-mail. I pd through PayPal thinking some protection there but no.  The name of the seller changed soon as I pressed pay.  So of course there is no seller JOYCE which is different than the advertised seller.  The seller preclaimed if sale did not go through its because that model is sold out, but that's stupid a seller knows what they have before you go all the way through PayPal.  I will file a claim, and my banking or card info is not at risk, so I,m going to to get out glad it was $97. and that's that. feel a bit stupid but move on.  My philosophy I,d rather be the taken, than the taker. I did something foolish but I,m not a thief.  I,ll sleep just fine, work harder tomarrow to make it up.

Archived