Funeral gig today

• Members

Supplied sound for an outdoor over flow tent at a funeral today. The tent was located at the opposite end of the church from the sanctuary, about 200'.

I used a lavalier mic attached to the podiums goose neck mic with black gaffers tape using five 1/2" strips which kept the cord tight to the boom. I attached the ATW 3000 Unipak transmitter to the podium with double stick tape and instructed the pastor to push the visable button until the ready light lit before starting the service.

Outside, the tent was 20" x 20' so I set one EX 10 about 20' back from the tent and placed the receiver on top. The sound in the over flow tent was far better than the sound in the sanctuary.

The only problem was the temperature, it hit 101 F during the middle of the service.

• Members

The only problem was the temperature, it hit 101 F during the middle of the service.

Well at least the patrons (is that the right word? - maybe mourners would be more correct) could claim that it was sweat from their brow rather than tears & save face. Personaly I dislike funerals. I'm going to put mine off for as long as I can.

Now an Irish wake, on the other hand, can be a grand thing. A case of good aged single malt and nobody knows whether to laugh or cry until the next morning (then the choice is obvious ;-).

Archived