Edison to Powercon; Powercon to IEC

• Members

I'm drawing a complete blank and I'm on a friend's computer at the moment.

There are a couple companies spoken about on this forum every now and then which have varying lenghts of edison to IEC, edison to powercon, and powercon to IEC cords ready to go.

Anyone recall what they are???

• Members

Monoprice is good if you like neoprene jacketed molded cables that don't lay flat or coil well.

oh everyone likes those. why else would they make so many?

not to derail, but my good friend the master electrician says osha came through and demanded they get rid of every cable they had without molded ends. apparently roll your own no longer cuts it in some locales.

• Members

oh everyone likes those. why else would they make so many?

not to derail, but my good friend the master electrician says osha came through and demanded they get rid of every cable they had without molded ends. apparently roll your own no longer cuts it in some locales.

Yea, on job sites OHSA usually likes to see molded ends, and not cord caps. Not sure of the regulation, but I've had it happen with company safety inspectors as well

• Members

Yea, on job sites OHSA usually likes to see molded ends, and not cord caps. Not sure of the regulation, but I've had it happen with company safety inspectors as well

Depends, there's also the "guaranteed maintenance" program that insures that the stuff is being looked at for safety. I have not seen any problems with this regard.

• Members
Monoprice is good if you like neoprene jacketed molded cables that don't lay flat or coil well.

I have ten of the 25' 14 gauge ones and haven't seen any problems coiling or laying them flat. I suppose in the winter letting then get cold they'd get a bit stiff but no worst than any other SJT.

• Members

Depends, there's also the "guaranteed maintenance" program that insures that the stuff is being looked at for safety. I have not seen any problems with this regard.

Usually they don't bust balls too much about it around here. Problem with the Guaranteed Grounding Programs is the logs you have to keep, and the records you have to be ready to hand over. Seems cheaper to just buy the right cords. I've only seen one guy make a stink about it, and it was because the cord cap strain relief wasn't tight, and the cord was plugged into a non-gfci outlet in an existing part of a building, which is a big no-no in construction. Everything has to be GFCI protected. So bad cord into non-gfci outlet = big fine. I think it was a $3000 dollar fine if I'm not mistaken.

Archived