SPAM HAMMER

gardo

• Members
17 hours ago, daddymack said:

its alright, they're speaking Chinese...

whoa I take that back...pages and pages of unreadable junk...

***puts on a pot of coffee****

z'gunnabeyalooong nite:facepalm:

11 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

Yeah, we’ve got to try something new... again. :mad2: 

FWIW, the rest of us appreciate your hard work. Thanks for continually cleaning up the site. 👍

FYI, we went to requiring manual approval for all new forum members. It will prevent legit people from posting right away (which is definitely a bummer) but it should hopefully catch the bulk of the spammers before they can ever post. 

If your IP address is from India, Pakistan, North Korea, Indonesia, China or Russia, and your email or user name look at all sketchy, you're not getting approved. Fair warning. :evil: 

5 minutes ago, gardo said:

Spam? What spam? I don't see any spam

THAT'S the way I like it! :)

I approved two new members who are semi-questionable, so some spam may still get through, but I'm watching them. :snax: 

Since we changed to requiring approval before posting I've zapped over 75 registration attempts of monikers who didn't pass muster, and the vast majority of them were coming in from India, with a few from Pakistan and a couple from Korea and China... but overwhelmingly from India, and many of those were using smartphones, and not laptops / desktops, which I thought was rather curious. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

THAT'S the way I like it! :)

I approved two new members who are semi-questionable, so some spam may still get through, but I'm watching them. :snax: 

Since we changed to requiring approval before posting I've zapped over 75 registration attempts of monikers who didn't pass muster, and the vast majority of them were coming in from India, with a few from Pakistan and a couple from Korea and China... but overwhelmingly from India, and many of those were using smartphones, and not laptops / desktops, which I thought was rather curious. 

Reminds me of the pest exterminator saying 

“not on my watch”

Archived