Sign in to follow this  
addictedtoqueen

Anyone have any recommendations for a good digital piano/keyboard with adjustable touch sensitivity?

I love playing on my keyboard (Casio ctk 1500) but it doesn’t have the best sound, although it’s a great starter keyboard I’m looking for something with a more realistic piano sound and with more functions if possible. 

But I have a problem, I have really weak muscles in my fingers and I don’t have much strength because of a muscle disease. And most good digital pianos have weighted keys which is a problem in my case.

I have a budget of €700,- 

Does anyone have recommendations for digital pianos with adjustable touch sensitivity, a realistic piano sound and if possible good functionality? 

You might stay with a semi-weighted action? The CASIO Privia's have a much improved sound over the one your using. But they have have a weighted action with adjustable response curve. The curve allows you to play louder with less effort but the key weight is still the same. Your CTK-1500 is an arranger style, do you want to keep the accompaniment?

If so I would suggest a good upgrade would be either the Yamaha YPG-535 https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YPG535--yamaha-ypg-535-88-key-arranger-piano which is weighted but from my experience has a very light action, the response is also adjustable 3 settings. Or just update to a better CASIO the WK-7600 is a much improved model over the CTK-1500 and has a semi-weighted  action similar to the one you have but with 76 keys I'm quite sure you would find the sounds there much improved.

Yamaha also makes a semi-weighted PSR-EW410 which features 76-key Portable Keyboard with 48-note Polyphony, 758 Voices, 235 Styles, One-touch Portable Grand Function, Backing Tracks, USB to Host/Device, 3.5mm Auxiliary Input, and Stereo Speakers. I'm sure you would also find it quite a step up sound wise.

Personally, I like the YPG-535 if you can try one out to see if its not too heavy. It has a pretty light action if memory serves and there are 3 response response curves light, medium & heavy.