Promised some video...

• Members

I see ...how many does it seat?

I think the most we've played for at this place is 150. And that wasn't bodies packed like sardines.

Not sure what the fire capacity is though...

There is a place bands love to play about 20 mins away in Citrus Heights, called the Fire Escape (they have a great sound guy) and it is probably 10-15 ft shorter in length. Same thing with a place called The Powerhouse in Folsom.

For a "bar" type venue, its pretty big. Next places up are gonna be The Boardwalk, which is specifically a music venue, and then you get into the bigger places after that, which are usually reserved for more national acts.

Sacramento CA isn't exactly the live music place to be...

• Members

Wait are you talking about the monitors? I assume so, cause I don't think I have any other behringer gear...

The monitors were when I ran out of money but needed mons. Got a GREAT deal on them ($450 for all three) brand new from GC. Those are the next upgrade. I'd like to do K10s.

Trust me I know... I hate having them facing me when the QSCs are facing the audience.
:(

I think he's posting about the Behringer you have in rack.

• Members

I think he's posting about the Behringer you have in rack.

Is that really a behringer...? To be honest I have never even really looked at it... its just a headphone amp. I got it when I traded a guitar I never used for a 8track digital recorder on CL. The guy just threw it in the package for me. I'll have to go back to the studio and look!

• Members

Yeah it's an HA4700 headphone amp. Cool units. Mine is messed up (same thing got it on a trade thrown in) for some reason I can't use the aux inputs.

Hahaha, thats funny. I had no idea this whole time. I've had it for over a year now. :lol::facepalm:

Its worked fine for when we used headphones only in the studio.

• Members

I think the most we've played for at this place is 150. And that wasn't bodies packed like sardines.

Not sure what the fire capacity is though...

There is a place bands love to play about 20 mins away in Citrus Heights, called the Fire Escape (they have a great sound guy) and it is probably 10-15 ft shorter in length. Same thing with a place called The Powerhouse in Folsom.

For a "bar" type venue, its pretty big. Next places up are gonna be The Boardwalk, which is specifically a music venue, and then you get into the bigger places after that, which are usually reserved for more national acts.

Sacramento CA isn't exactly the live music place to be...

I play in a backing band for a texas gulf coast singer songwriter. He is opening a new place the first of sept. I am in michigan now just closing on my house for the move full time down to texas. He told me the new place seats 160 and has 16 tables on the patio. Was just trying to get a handle on how big this place is. I know its bigger than the old place he ran so thats cool because we were packin that out so hard people were getting turned away due to lack of seating.

• Members

your FOH setup looks good, but i'd still bring my racks if i were running your rig. not enough blinky lites and knobs for my liking
:D

What kinds of things am I missing that you feel are a must have for a show?

I figure a noise gate first and foremost yes?

• Members

i'd like but not require things like 166xl, valley gatex or equivelant dbx, dont really need reverb cuz the mixwiz3 has decent verb, i'd like an easily adjustable delay with simple features like feedback, have a look at my racks to see what i like.

i buy what i like (and can afford).

also i have a special like for old junky dbx comps, i really dig their aggressive out of control character :D

old acp22 (not the acp88)

dbx quad comps, i dunno i'm running out of ideas. you dont really need any/all of these but like having a shop full of tools when you need them its a good thing to have.

i have a soft spot for spx units, really any model is cool with me even the older than dirt spx90's (assuming they will power up and pass audio)

P.S. gates dont always do what folks think they do...............careful there.

• Members

Subs - I'm a Blues/Jazz guy myself but I liked the band. Fun stuff and well rehearsed (but not stiff).

Sounds like there's a fair bit of stage bleed in the room, so it must be interesting to mix in there.

Funny thing about your kick drum post and problems - I had the same issue a week or so ago. Played a room I've done 30 or 40 times and suddenly couldn't get the kick happening. I'm pretty sure it wqs a phase or polarity problem but didn't have time to properly track it down.

Anyway, nice set-up. Looks like you could almost do the room with one stack - did that once a long time ago (not really suggesting that just thinking out loud).

BTW if you suspect your subs are cancelling each other out, besides your phase switches (which could effect the relationship of other boxes) as a final act of desperation, you might try turning one or the other subs off (reaching for my flame suit). If the bottom end is better with one sub off, you might have problems with phase..... or you might not. Sound, it drives me crazy sometimes:)

• Members

Would be surprised if you needed that much click boost on an Audix D6, it's already pretty clicky.

Yes good call. I was actually thinking about what I posted when driving to work and you said what I was going to fix, especially with a D6. Other mic's yep, the D6, not nearly as much. Cheers mate for keeping clarity in the thread:thu:

In this case, what kick mic are you using, the one in your sig as mentioned above?

• Members

Yes good call. I was actually thinking about what I posted when driving to work and you said what I was going to fix, especially with a D6. Other mic's yep, the D6, not nearly as much. Cheers mate for keeping clarity in the thread:thu:

In this case, what kick mic are you using, the one in your sig as mentioned above?

Yes sir... the D6.

Archived