Sign in to follow this  
gardo

A Breakthrough in Modern Guitar Making ?

This is what Fender is claiming. Beginning  Nov. 5. Is it marketing hype ? I guess we have to tune in to see

i guess way too expensive for a custom superstrat with locking trem and tuners special shaped body with blue metallic sparkly finish...

and for sure they will not offer an lefty....

hmm lately i bash fender even more than i used to bash gibson :D

• Haha 1

hypebole... the video claims we’ll “never play a Fender the same way again.” How can their releasing a new model, or whatever it is, going to change how we play our existing Fender instruments? Tomorrow we will know, for now....meh...I can wait...

Looks like a Strat with a different neck heel, and sounds like it's targeted at shredders - at least that's what I'm guessing from the teaser video.

4 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

Looks like a Strat with a different neck heel, and sounds like it's targeted at shredders - at least that's what I'm guessing from the teaser video.

found this one also

http://www.fender.com/pages/2019-teaser-bonus?utm_source=auto&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BonusContent&utm_term=fender&source=email00DTUBC

Looks like they slowed things down a bit

Edited by gardo

21 minutes ago, gardo said:

I saw that one too... to me, the bodies they're working on in that video look like bass bodies with P-J pickup routes. 

Ah, I do recall seeing something from Fender showing a neck plate that was rounded off on one corner, yet still a 4-screw plate...but unless they plan on retrofitting every guitar they ever produced, their promo statement “never play a Fender the same way again.” is typical marketing nonsense...

Wow...a new heel joint! How remarkable....:philpalm:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, daddymack said:

Ah, I do recall seeing something from Fender showing a neck plate that was rounded off on one corner, yet still a 4-screw plate...but unless they plan on retrofitting every guitar they ever produced, their promo statement “never play a Fender the same way again.” is typical marketing nonsense...

Wow...a new heel joint! How remarkable....:philpalm:

Reminds me of the plate on my Vintage Brand Telecaster 4B5E1666-7EE1-4762-8A97-FA681B3016AA.thumb.jpeg.43cf7c763f9ca742d76da23d4c37c38c.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

Oh gee.... bringing back the HM series perhaps? Yawn.

Looks like they're releasing a whole new series called the American Ultra series that's generally based on the classic models we all know and love. Noiseless pickups, slightly modified body contours, 22 (21 on the Jazzmaster) medium jumbo frets on a 10"-14" compound radius, "modern D" profile neck, S-1 switches, etc. In the $1,900.00 - $2,200.00 price range. 

https://www.fender.com/pages/american-ultra-guitars

I'm sure they are quite nice. At least they aren't taking a standard strat, run a belt sander over it call it  'worn' and adding $500 to the price!

I have my share of $2k guitars that I am scared to gig with. How about a $500 one with the same specs? Seriously, I'm all for the market deciding prices but I think the prices of electric guitars produced on a CNC machine is getting ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

agreed..especially if they have Fender, Gibson, Gretsch or PRS on the headstock...

But this 'new' advance on guitar neck joints is, well, not bringing me in to shop...

from the email Fender sent me this AM

• Like 1

yawn...

ok new noiseless pickups and a non standard trem, no lefty, 2000+ euro. sorry i had to click through warmoth site, same modern body contour and buying all parts there, ok not the same pick ups and not the same trem, but with $1200 you are there, without the fender logo.

sourcing hardware parts at cheaper places you can go even below and maybe you can get fender orginal pickups aswell.

and looking at charvel or jackson or evh strats or others, i don't see the point in paying fender 2000eu for such an ultra instrument

54 minutes ago, t_e_l_e said:

yawn...

ok new noiseless pickups and a non standard trem, no lefty, 2000+ euro. sorry i had to click through warmoth site, same modern body contour and buying all parts there, ok not the same pick ups and not the same trem, but with $1200 you are there, without the fender logo.

sourcing hardware parts at cheaper places you can go even below and maybe you can get fender orginal pickups aswell.

and looking at charvel or jackson or evh strats or others, i don't see the point in paying fender 2000eu for such an ultra instrument

Especially if you can’t even play it because it’s not a lefty

4 minutes ago, gardo said:

Especially if you can’t even play it because it’s not a lefty

i could still hendrix it just like my nr1 strat, but why should i, if i could get same or even better quality for almost half the money

• Like 1

Steinberg update Cubase every 2 years ,adding more bloatware, tweeks and customers requests, wonder if fender might do the same and keep updating them to meet customer demands  ,if i bought an original design strat i`d probs mess about with it till i liked it, even if that means swapping pick ups moving knobs adding switches and capacitors, why not . great example of a guitar that is a must to customise is a Jaguar just to make em playable and then they are great.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 10:07 AM, t_e_l_e said:

yawn...

https://www.makenmusic.com/products/used-tom-anderson-guitarworks-short-classic-left-handed-lefty-electric-guitars

😃😃😃😃😃

I guess I'm out of sync with the market . To me a Telecaster without an ashtray bridge plate just isn't complete. Small detail I know, but for that much money I'd want it all.

I like 22 frets  and the noiseless pickups might be nice if they sound good . Probably not going to put one on my Christmas list though

1 hour ago, gardo said:

Are those titanium saddles

I don't know.   I was picking up another guitar that needed work at the music store and an old friend was standing there with a fender case.   He asked if I would take a look at this guitar - he has been trying to hunt down a buzz that he thinks is coming from the nut.   I commented on 5 springs on the trem - he says he never uses it but did say that he had to run the action pretty high.

I haven't had time to do anything with it (and he is leaving for Scotland so he is in no hurry) but I thought about this thread and snapped a picture.  However just to confirm what the saddles are made out of I'll put a magnet on them tomorrow - titanium is not magnetic.

I just read back what I just wrote and I'm not sure it makes any sense.   Sort of like that new fender guitar....

• Like 1