GL vs Wiz

• Members

I'm considering trading in my GL2200-24 for a Mix Wiz 16:2 v3. I need space in my car and less back ache more than i need those extra 8 channels.

Just wondering how different/similar the architecture of the two are? Are the Pre's and EQ's pretty much the same in terms of quality?

My GL has never let me down and I'd hate to be downgrading :)

• Members

Perhaps now is a good time to look into other options, though. The Presonus StudioLive has some happy users on this board.

I have considered it - but even if i sell my outboard it's still outside of my budget.

I'd still need my BSS EQ's even if i went digital so essentially all i'd be losing is my rack of 3 dbx comp/gates - no biggie really.

• Members

Are your BSS EQs for house or monitors? The StudioLive has graphic and a bit of parametric on the main outs, as well as some parametric on the aux outs. It might get the job for you. And you'll get better channel EQ than the A&H, and all the comps & gates you could ever need.

• Members

Are your BSS EQs for house or monitors? The StudioLive has graphic and a bit of parametric on the main outs, as well as some parametric on the aux outs. It might get the job for you. And you'll get better channel EQ than the A&H, and all the comps & gates you could ever need.

True :) No doubt it's a wonderful piece of gear. Just that it's

Archived