NGD: CANCELED!

Glenn F

• Members
7 hours ago, daddymack said:

:eek2:

Not one honest shop? In the entire vicinity? No returns? good lord man...where are you? The Ukraine?😉

2 shops in the vicinity. Bad experiences at both.

I'm just trying to have a happy NGD. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition! 😜

• Members
18 hours ago, Neal said:

Glen, listen to Gitnoob.

Gitnoob was prophetic. It arrived today, late, but it is a keeper. Ha! TFOA has an interesting concept on 'near mint.' There's a scoring under the guitar that I'll have to have looked at, as well as various dings.  Setup is perfect, sound is great, light as a feather.

P1150247.thumb.jpg.e416b115c8735be79afd5128657263cb.jpg

• Members

You can...

I was just fingerpicking on her, in Drop D. I've wanted to learn Travis picking for ages, but could never get my thumb to act independently of my fingers. I remembered a lesson by 'Shut Up and Play Your Guitar' on YT (wasn't/isn't he a member here?) on The Beatles' Dear Prudence. So, I started, slowly, and ding! ding! DING! the light has come on. I can't get it to speed yet, but now I am confident that I will. I know this is a fairly rudimentary exemplar of the technique, but it is a beginning.

And it happened on this guitar. The dropped D is deep. Deeper than what you would expect of a guitar that weighs in at approx. 1.6 kgs.
The neck, a modified low oval, is my favourite neck.

Whoever this belonged to, had it set up for fingerstyle. The action is very low, though no buzzes, even when pushed a bit with a pick.

• Members
8 hours ago, Glenn F said:

Gitnoob was prophetic. It arrived today, late, but it is a keeper. Ha! TFOA has an interesting concept on 'near mint.' There's a scoring under the guitar that I'll have to have looked at, as well as various dings.  Setup is perfect, sound is great, light as a feather. . . .

I tend to take descriptions of instruments with a huge grain of salt. "Near mint" usually means nobody has dropped it down the stairs. ;) Congratulations and Happy New (Used) Guitar Day (again). Best of luck. 👍

Archived