NGD: CANCELED!

Glenn F

• Members

Congratulations and Happy New Guitar Day. 👍 That's a lovely instrument. I wasn't familiar with BSG until you posted about them in the other thread. I wish I could get my hands on one of their dreads or maybe a jumbo. Anyway, I hope this one scratches your itch and that you're feeling better soon.

• Members

OM 10 CF Mahagony

Top: Cedar

Back and sides: Mahagony

Fingerboard and bridgge : Indian rosewood

Neck: Mahagony

Head style: Slotted head style

Scale lenght: 650 mm

Binding: Flamed maple

Rosette: Fishbone

Top purfling: 3ply

Fingerboard purfling: 3ply

If they pass the same scrutiny they laboriously applied to their site I'm sure Yamaha has nothing to worry about. Glenn, give them a shout and tell them to pay their editor.

Okay, live and let live. I think I'm done with wood guitars, though, so I'll hawk them just to be a good sport. If one floats by me before an Emerald X30 I'll give it a try.

Edit to add: "muminga"?

• Members
2 hours ago, Idunno said:

OM 10 CF Mahagony

Top: Cedar
Back and sides: Mahagony
Fingerboard and bridgge : Indian rosewood
Neck: Mahagony
Head style: Slotted head style
Scale lenght: 650 mm
Binding: Flamed maple
Rosette: Fishbone
Top purfling: 3ply
Fingerboard purfling: 3ply

If they pass the same scrutiny they laboriously applied to their site I'm sure Yamaha has nothing to worry about. Glenn, give them a shout and tell them to pay their editor.

Okay, live and let live. I think I'm done with wood guitars, though, so I'll hawk them just to be a good sport. If one floats by me before an Emerald X30 I'll give it a try.

Edit to add: "muminga"?

Given that the site is done by someone whose native language clearly isn't English, that they cater to a European market, and that they're a small operation, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. If this were perpetrated by a large multi billion dollar company like Yamaha then I'd be inclined to say they have a problem.

• Members

Nah. Well, a little. A Martin 000-17SM showed up at the shop, and I decided to go for it. I'm going to have to sell my Taylor 320 for it, though. Should be here Monday or Tuesday. The BSG is a very nice guitar. It just didn't stand out in any way in comparison to my other acoustics, whereas the Martin likely will. I've wanted a Martin 12 fret slotted headstock git for a while. Everything I've read about this model has been overwhelmingly positive. So that's the story. I expect the shop will start blocking my emails and calls soon.

• Members

Thanks. I had one of those. Impressive guitar for the money. Played a gig with it in 2015. I couldn't get used to the V neck, though.

This whole process has served to remind me how I hate the whole process. I've had to drag 4 guitars to a UPS collection point (we don't have a car), which hasn't been easy as I have trouble walking these days due to chronic gout in my feet.
My wife has had enough, too.

• Members

Thanks. Scheduled to arrive Monday. I've been disappointed with Martins, on occasion, but since this guitar has been bought, sold, inspected and setup by pros, is classified as 'near mint,'  I think the probability of me sending it back is slim. I frigging hope so. I'm too old for this insanity.

• Members
17 hours ago, Glenn F said:

Thanks. Scheduled to arrive Monday. I've been disappointed with Martins, on occasion, but since this guitar has been bought, sold, inspected and setup by pros, is classified as 'near mint,'  I think the probability of me sending it back is slim. I frigging hope so. I'm too old for this insanity.

Oooooooooooh! That's tempting fate!

• Moderators

seems I've heard that somewhere around here recently...:wave:

I realize this may sound cheeky, but rather than put yourself through all this, why not actually, physically, in the real world, find a guitar, play it, buy it and be done with all the guessing, second guessing, ordering on a whim, disappointment,  and having to send it back because it wasn't up to your expectations?

• Members
50 minutes ago, daddymack said:

seems I've heard that somewhere around here recently...:wave:

I realize this may sound cheeky, but rather than put yourself through all this, why not actually, physically, in the real world, find a guitar, play it, buy it and be done with all the guessing, second guessing, ordering on a whim, disappointment,  and having to send it back because it wasn't up to your expectations?

It actually sounds more prudent than cheeky in my book. Custom guitars are a risk.

• Members

Quite simply this: 1) the local shops are at best unethical, and worst, outright crooks. Simple. I tried to develop relationships with them, but was lied to, treated like a new customer everytime I went back and 2) buying in a shop gives no right of return here. Buying online automatically gives me the right to return a guitar without having to even provide a reason within a reasonable time frame. So, this is inconvenient and annoying, but it is the safest way for me to get the guitar I want.

Archived