Jump to content
Phil O'Keefe

The 2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees have been announced...

Recommended Posts

You can check out the full list here:

 

https://www.spin.com/2019/10/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2020-nominations-nine-inch-nails-soundgarden/

 

So... who would you vote for in this batch of nominees? Five to seven of them will be voted in, so feel free to list your favorite 5-7 nominees from the list of 16.

I think I'd have to vote for Todd Rundgren (I'm a huge and longtime fan of his music and his production work), The Doobie Brothers, Pat Benatar, Whitney Houston, Thin Lizzy, Depeche Mode and Kraftwerk. It's a close call on several of them, and there's a few I didn't mention that I think are deserving of the honor too... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

You can check out the full list here:

 

https://www.spin.com/2019/10/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2020-nominations-nine-inch-nails-soundgarden/

 

So... who would you vote for in this batch of nominees? Five to seven of them will be voted in, so feel free to list your favorite 5-7 nominees from the list of 16.

I think I'd have to vote for Todd Rundgren (I'm a huge and longtime fan of his music and his production work), The Doobie Brothers, Pat Benatar, Whitney Houston, Thin Lizzy, Depeche Mode and Kraftwerk. It's a close call on several of them, and there's a few I didn't mention that I think are deserving of the honor too... 

 

 

it's about the last thing on my mind, but I'd have to go with Rufus and Chaka Khan based on "You Got the Love" alone. Doobies, Benetar, Priest, maybe Biggie. I have no idea who MC5 is. :D:0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd support Todd Rundgren 100%.

Also Kraftwerk, Soundgarden, MC5, and TRex. 

Actually Kraftwerk is a bit of an odd choice. One of my favorite groups and hugely influential but in the electronic music category....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of them probably deserve to get in eventually.  Except maybe Thin Lizzy.  

For this go around?  My 5-7:

Todd Rundgren. 
Depeche Mode. 
Pat Benatar. 
Doobie Brothers. 
Kraftwerk 

Whitney Houston. 
Judas Priest 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Zig al-din said:

I'd support Todd Rundgren 100%.

Also Kraftwerk, Soundgarden, MC5, and TRex. 

Actually Kraftwerk is a bit of an odd choice. One of my favorite groups and hugely influential but in the electronic music category....

 

Whitney and Biggie are hardly what I'd consider "rock" either. :idk: Still, if it's just based on popularity, their recorded output and overall talent, I'd have to agree with Rufus, Whitney, Kraftwerk and some of the others, in spite of the fact that they're really not rock acts. YMMV. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

 

Whitney and Biggie are hardly what I'd consider "rock" either. :idk: Still, if it's just based on popularity, their recorded output and overall talent, I'd have to agree with Rufus, Whitney, Kraftwerk and some of the others, in spite of the fact that they're really not rock acts. YMMV. 

 

 

True true, I always think of electronic as being a completely separate animal - more so than rap and R&B. Though rap especially has a lot of connections to electronic - what am I talking about? With quantizing and the click track, and the rest, everything is electronic nowadays. :idk:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The RRHF has long had a very broad definition of “rock”. I can’t even get worked up about that anymore.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vito Corleone said:

The RRHF has long had a very broad definition of “rock”. I can’t even get worked up about that anymore.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're all worthy of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in my opinion.  Todd should be in the Rock'n'Roll Genius Hall of Fame if there was such a thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...