Gig report: September 11, 2010

• Members

Maybe. When an event starts attracting an elementthat is notthere for enjoyment of the event but to fight and cause problems, unless that element can be discouraged from attending it usually spells the end of an otherwise successful program.

The CA State Fair ran into this as well over the past few years. This year they really beefed up security and parole officers and gang unit picked up those who shouldn't have been there (by the hundreds) and that was the discouragement that was needed to eliminate the problem.

• Members

KAM_1836.jpg

you can really see the rain coming down, and all the water dripping off the lighting truss.

for some reason, when we brought down the main hangs, the dV-DOSC bumpers were covered in mud... before they even got to the ground. It is a mystery.

• Members

Two shows on Saturday: one at a local art walk, then a private party a few blocks away. Packed up after the art walk shuts down at 10:00 pm, then moved down the street to our second show.

Good thing for us, I guess. Around midnight, four people were shot on the street at the block of our first gig. Sickening.

I found out yesterday, both my daughters were at the 2nd Saturday during that time. Neither one knew the other was there.

We had a big discussion last night about life, and how fragile it really is, and how one event can change things forever.

Will I stop going to 2nd Saturday?

No....

I really enjoy the vibe, and the music.

Archived