Is the Friedman mic no mo usable for combo amp?

• Members

My guitar amp is the ISP TECHNOLOGIES VECTOR FS8. It's a combo. My bass amp though is not a combo. I have the Peavey minimax bass amp and the Gallien-Kruger Neo 212 cab. I'm trying to record silently that's why I think I may have a use for the mic no mo. 

I actually wish they made this type of gear for everything including vocals lol so I don't need to make noise in my apartment. 

Edited by samal50
  • Members

ISP TECHNOLOGIES VECTOR FS8

That thing is not really a guitar amp in the conventional sense. It's a powered PA speaker, apparently with extra circuitry to emulate the 'voicing' of a regular guitar cab.

NO, the "Mic no mo" will NOT work with this "amp"... It requires a guitar amp that has a speaker jack that's accessible, most open-back guitar combos have this.

If you're wanting to record silently, the best way is probably to use a high-quality modeling unit plugged direct into your recording interface, then listen over headphones.

• Members

I see. I bought the FS8 because of its "full spectrum" or full range specs for my guitar synth (BOSS SY300). It was an impulsive buy lol. Must I mic this amp to record then? Could the mic no mo work using a powered pa speaker (Electro-Voice ZLX12P) or not?