just got home, have to be at work in three hours.

• Members

i'm wondering if i should just stay up.

long day, put the hours in at work then drove 60 miles to do a show in the sticks. show went well, drove home, got in the door at 4am, took a shower (apparently you can still smoke indoors in ND except in fargo, which i forgot. yech).

tried to lay down at 4:45am but i cant sleep, and my nose is really bothering me. today i work from 8am to 4:30pm, then i have a concert to record at 6:30pm.

i may be getting to old for this sh**

• Members

Got home at 2am from a gig, up at 6am, need to be on-site by 8am, show starts at 10am scheduled to run until 8pm (aka, 10pm). Tear-down on Monday, then I've got 4 days off (well, one odd briefcase show in there, shouldn't be more than 3 hours). Some of us just have different definitions of a "weekend." Mine start on Monday afternoons.

• Members

I've had more than a few where I got home around 5am and had be up again by 7am. Not very fun. I had two days like that in a row, got home the third day at noon, crashed on my bed for 9 hours. Woke up and said, "hey, it's 9pm, time to go work." then got back at 5am

• Members

who you callin ugly, pardner?

ugh. theyre doing christian new agey feel good "stuff" in the room down the hall, i'm glad i dont have to foh that right now.

i think i'll see how many episodes of whose line i can watch before i do any real work. maybe i'll go for the record :D:evil:

• Members

Had a friend die driving home after a gig like that, fell asleep at the wheel ran off the road. That was the awakening moment for me... I don't do that stuff like that any more, or maybe a couple times a year max. Really not worth it. Fortunately most of my gigs are done by 11:00 and out by 1am. Unfortunately, the ins are at 10am-noon.

• Members

First thing I thought of when I read the OP was be careful on the road. My last car got written off by somebody falling asleep at the wheel. She drove straight up the back of it after doing some very long hours at work over a few days.

I myself have also had a bit of a wake up calling. Somebody asked me which way I drove the truck (with about 20 ton on it and 2 passengers) back to the yard, I had no idea. I am lucky and have not stacked it. I don't do that anymore. Too easy to get myself, family or somebody killed by simply nodding off.

Be careful mate.

• Members

I just did the same thing. Great gig last night, a 3rd annual thanksgiving gig, featuring 2 bands from the city, that grew up here. Everyone is home from college for the weekend, so the place is always packed.

The down side, is that I got to bed at 4am, only to get up at 6am to get ready for work. Tonight will be an early night, that's for sure. It was a great gig, the system performed flawlessly, and I got a lot of compliments from the band members and the audience.

I'm doing an open mic Tuesday night (I use my board, and 3 monitors, 2 for FOH and one as a monitor) then wed night it's another full band situation. The open mic is at a different venue, but I'm able to store my subs and U15's at the bar, when I'm doing gigs a couple days apart. So it works out.

I'm glad they really had a blow out, it helps with the slower nights, when they have live music.

Archived