Little more than Karaoke

• Members

As Craig hinted, there are plenty of outstanding solo acts out there touring and selling out 500-1000 seat venues with regularity.

How about Tommy Emmanual, Doc Watson, Kris Kristofferson just to mention a few I've worked with recently.

When you none of those guys, but just another soloact, you need some tools to get some attention. Often you play at a bar where people are there to talk, flirt and drink, so your potential for getting fans are very small.

Getting up from being some background noise in a corner and up to a artist (in the corner) takes a {censored}load of work. You need to be confident on your instrument, and learn hundreds of tunes inside out. But that is only a small portion. The work is in THE SHOW. What the audience see and what they think they hear. As Tom Jackson says: "It's all about the moments"

• Members

Sorry Miket, if I hurt your feelings by saying that I CAN keep a crowd without backing. I also often get feedback on how people appriciate live music and not karaoke acts. Once in a while someone will ask me if I don't use backing when I tell them I only play guitar and sing. I tell them I don't need it, which they will come up and confirm after the show.

Keep on rockin' in the free world!!

Archived